Landing gear small emergency!

3 minutes ago, FastTex said:

So it is a push-pull cable...pulled from the know and pushed from the spring. I never used it, does it mean the pilot needs to hold the knob pulled while manually cranking the gear?

It is kind of an overcenter mechanism at the lever in the cockpit. 

When you pull the lever back, extending the spring, it disconnects the crank cable from the motor. It goes overcenter in this position and should stay there.

I don’t trust it to stay there so I wrap a piece of lockwire around it with loops in each end to make a twist tie that you can undo without tools. You could also use 0.030 copper wire and just break it if you need the emergency system.

My ex partner used to hit the lever with his knee and engage the cable accidently. This would cause the crank to spin when the gear was extended until it hits something then it shears the coupling in the disconnect mechanism.

The E-disconnect has  a spring internal to it. and it does a bit of snap action to engage the spine gears.   The external spring is there to apply additional encouragement.  

Bowden housing.... good to know.   learn something everyday

3 minutes ago, Yetti said:

The E-disconnect has  a spring internal to it. and it does a bit of snap action to engage the spine gears.   The external spring is there to apply additional encouragement.  

Bowden housing.... good to know.   learn something everyday

I have a few calls to place today but if anyone knows where I can find the freaking cable please let me know!!! Is there a part#?