Training needed near KRYY

Etz

Just purchased a J model and I am needing some (a lot of training). Currently flying  corporate stuff and I have not been in a “small”plane or flown VFR for over twenty years. It actually scares the crap out of me.  Looking for suggestions for some training in the North Atlanta /Cobb County area.  Thanks for the help. 

Welcome to MS Etz. MooneyPilot maintains a list of Mooney CFIs: http://themooneyflyer.com/cfi.html

Looks like there's only one listed in the ATL area

Jim StevensAtlanta. USAF, Col, (Ret), CFII. 404-277-4123. Instrument, Commercial, IPC, BFR, Transition Training, Ferry Flights. 20 Year Owner Of 1968 M20F. Total: Over 6000; Instruction:1500.

but I suspect others will speak up with more names:

I believe the shop on your field is an MSC now.  There should also be a flight school.  One of them should be able to point you in the right direction.  I've flown into KRYY many times over the last few years.  My daughter went to KSU for her nursing degree.  I think Bravoman is still based there.  You may be able to PM him for info, too.

As Rob mentioned above, I am based at RYY but I do not keep my Mooney  there, I keep that at PDK. I have a Saratoga at RYY. Unfortunately, I cannot help with regard to any local referrals for Mooney transition training. When I bought my Mooney about five years ago, the seller, a CFII and ATP was more than kind and  gave me my transition training over the course of a few days as part of the deal.  As to shops, I do not use the one on the field (RYY) for the Mooney; rather,  I use Cole Aviation, a MSC at KDNN. 

Regards, Frank 

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

I have done a lot of training training out of KRYY when new Mooney owners take delivery from prebuy at DLK aviation, but unfortunately, my schedule is such that I wouldn't be able to help until Dec.

Sounds like my schedule. I will keep you in mind. 

6 hours ago, rbridges said:

I believe the shop on your field is an MSC now.  There should also be a flight school.  One of them should be able to point you in the right direction.  I've flown into KRYY many times over the last few years.  My daughter went to KSU for her nursing degree.  I think Bravoman is still based there.  You may be able to PM him for info, too.

Thanks

@WilliamR has already responded and he would be a good choice as a fellow Mooney mid-body owner. I would encourage you not to scare him witless like I did when we were doing some night time transition training from my J to my Ovation. He hasn’t called me back since, and that was four years ago.

Honest, Bill, I really do know how to land this thing! ;)