Paint recommendations

Comet

4 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Another Hawk Job

Joes J.jpeg

what does a job like that set you back? I like that because its not the usual curly lines. Also If 52q ever gets painted, I don't want white as a colour on the plane. Id rather want silver metallic.

what does a job like that set you back? I like that because its not the usual curly lines. Also If 52q ever gets painted, I don't want white as a colour on the plane. Id rather want silver metallic.
Joe quickly talked me out of silver metallic as the base. The four trim colors are all metallic.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I hate to be a Debbie downer here but silver or pearl coat white is the last base I would ever use on an airplane. For one thing it depends on the painter it depends on the day but silver doesn’t always come out of the gun onto the airplane and looks the same. I’ve seen banding and I’ve seen stripes on silver airplanes when the painter would spray One Direction with the gun leading, and  with the gun perpendicular or lagging on the opposite pass and this actually makes it look different. And once it is sprayed, You own it. Also inspection covers get painted off the airplane and those won’t match either. And then god help you if you ever scratch it or need to touch up something because it is not going to be anywhere near. 

Edited by jetdriven

It seems like the prices for paint are increasing rapidly. 17-24 for a long body from the multiple shops I checked with. I hope those quotes do not turn into 25-30 over the next few years. 

That being said making sure one uses a top quality shop is extremely important. I’ve noticed a lot of planes looking pretty sad after 5 years traveling at Mooney speed. 

5 hours ago, Niko182 said:

dont quote me, get the correct numbers from Joe (either the owner of this super fast J or the owner of Hawk, pick your Joe) but I think it was about 10 AMU's.

Sorry for the delay in responding; I have such trouble with these social media things (really, I’m not that old!).  I haven’t decided on a scheme yet...I’d like something “unique”...but I’m not really artistic, so I’m not sure how i’ll Pull it off; maybe a graphical depiction of schrodringers equation?  Lots of beautiful paint on the replies; if I can get something half that nice, I’d be happy!