Tyndall Damage

Seth

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

So why did they leave them there? Logistics? Or was it wishful thinking that the storm wasn’t going to hit that hard or miss them entirely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My understanding is that they were not flyable due to maintenance issues.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kpaul said:

Yes, the commanders are responsible for their equipment (planes), but they have a greater responsibility to their personnel.  The potential is real that 2 Billion dollars in aircraft were lost, but zero lives were lost.  It sucks to be a tax payer, but its better than attending funerals.   

Well said.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:23 PM, kpaul said:

Those were hardened bunkers that were supposed to protect against bombs during the cold war, mainly at the US bases in Europe.  I don't think there are any at Air Force bases in the states..

Of course not...we would never be subject to attack against us stateside so why bother to protect military assets from a surprise attack?!