Spruced up my wingtips!

ragedracer1977

Beautiful Job!

43(c) Preventive maintenance. Preventive maintenance is limited to the following work, provided it does not involve complex assembly operations:

(9) Refinishing decorative coating of fuselage, balloon baskets, wings tail group surfaces (excluding balanced control surfaces), fairings, cowlings, landing gear, cabin, or cockpit interior when removal or disassembly of any primary structure or operating system is not required.

43.7   Persons authorized to approve aircraft, airframes, aircraft engines, propellers, appliances, or component parts for return to service after maintenance, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, or alteration.

(f) A person holding at least a private pilot certificate may approve an aircraft for return to service after performing preventive maintenance under the provisions of §43.3(g).

Log it with your certificate number as refinishing of wing tip decorative surface.  If the net weight addition was <1lb, log it as weight and balance negligible. If more than a lb. you need to have the weight and balance recalculated by an A&P.

Edited by Shadrach
  • Like 2

That's how I figured.  Thanks! My estimation is that it added 4oz.  

28 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

Beautiful Job!

43(c) Preventive maintenance. Preventive maintenance is limited to the following work, provided it does not involve complex assembly operations:

(9) Refinishing decorative coating of fuselage, balloon baskets, wings tail group surfaces (excluding balanced control surfaces), fairings, cowlings, landing gear, cabin, or cockpit interior when removal or disassembly of any primary structure or operating system is not required.

43.7   Persons authorized to approve aircraft, airframes, aircraft engines, propellers, appliances, or component parts for return to service after maintenance, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, or alteration.

(f) A person holding at least a private pilot certificate may approve an aircraft for return to service after performing preventive maintenance under the provisions of §43.3(g).

Log it with your certificate number as refinishing of wing tip decorative surface.  If the net weight addition was <1lb, log it as weight and balance negligible. If more than a lb. you need to have the weight and balance recalculated by an A&P.

• Like 1

Nice work, fits well with your paint scheme - I bet you really have to have solid technique to get those complex curves wrapped!

Btw I have the same wingtips on my C, with the same stupid cracks in the clear lenses.  

2 minutes ago, DXB said:

Nice work, fits well with your paint scheme - I bet you really have to have solid technique to get those complex curves wrapped!

Btw I have the same wingtips on my C, with the same stupid cracks in the clear lenses.  

Wrapping is what I do for a living.  :)

And the cracks bother me lol

That sure looks nice and it's obvious you know what your doing as someone who does it for a living. How difficult for someone not practiced at installing vinyl would that be. Looks real difficult. The only thing that has always bothered me is when I see manufacturers making products that have simulated carbon fiber as a decorative treatment. Kind of like cars with hood scoops that go nowhere. But definitely a nice installation. 

7 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Wrapping is what I do for a living.  :)

And the cracks bother me lol

I can see a small wrap booth at the summit next year.  I bet you’d be busy.

Clarence

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Releew said:

Very nice!  I would love to see a step by step process on how the film is applied.

Rick

8 hours ago, CDNflyby said:

Lots of YouTube videos on it. Hoping it is as easy as they make it look

It's not difficult, but it does require skill.  You can watch youtube vids and they will help.  It takes patience.  You have to think about what the material 'wants' to do.  It's hard to explain, but do watch some videos.