Hurricane Michael: Topic for Mooney Summit VII in 2019!

Jeff_S

As I look at the image right now, the eye of Hurricane Michael is smack dab over Tyndall AFB. So first off, I hope all our friends and brethren from all aspects of the aviation world are hunkered down. But once the dust settles (so to speak) that could be an interesting topic for Mooney Summit VII...how to secure an F22 for a category 4 hurricane!

(Yes, I'm guessing they flew as much out as possible to safer environs, but still...)

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 1.50.03 PM.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jeff_S said:

...how to secure an F22 for a category 4 hurricane!

(Yes, I'm guessing they flew as much out as possible to safer environs, but still...)

Fly it to an Air Force base in Texas while the winds are still <30 mph . . .

In the aftermath of this we will need to see how bad things are in places like Panama City. As the home of the Mooney Summit, I would be up for flying supplies or anything else that can fit in my Mooney into that area. I suspect others would be willing to do the same. Something great if the Mooney community could support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hector said:

In the aftermath of this we will need to see how bad things are in places like Panama City. As the home of the Mooney Summit, I would be up for flying supplies or anything else that can fit in my Mooney into that area. I suspect others would be willing to do the same. Something great if the Mooney community could support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out www.operation-airdrop.com to donate money, materiel and / or fly supplies around while roads are flooded and government support is still collecting and not yet distributing. It worked well last month after Florence, and Panama City is much closer.

Hope to see some of you there, wherever "there" turns out to be. 

• Like 1