Brakes dragging

Nippernaper

21 hours ago, Nippernaper said:

We're going to dig into the issue next week; will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just crack the bleed valve and let a couple drops dip out. I'd bet money it would come out like jello and you know the problem right away.

-Robert

Edited by RobertGary1

• 11 months later...

So it's taken a while, but it seems like the issue was the flexible lines to the brakes.  It appears the lining collapsed, which trapped a small amount of pressure in the caliper; just enough to  make life difficult trying to push the plane back into the hangar.  So far so good, anyway.  We'll see if the issue reappears, but for now it looks like this was it.

2 hours ago, Nippernaper said:

So it's taken a while, but it seems like the issue was the flexible lines to the brakes.  It appears the lining collapsed, which trapped a small amount of pressure in the caliper; just enough to  make life difficult trying to push the plane back into the hangar.  So far so good, anyway.  We'll see if the issue reappears, but for now it looks like this was it.

doubtful.  That's not quite how the stratoflex tubing will fail.   It has a metal braid on the outside.   If it is so bad that the internal tubing is failing, then you will have lots more problems.  Hopefully you replaced it.

When I replaced mine, I bent it and it just broke in half.