A fellow Mooneyspacer rescued my wife and I!

AlexLev

Happy to be a part of the Mooney family and wanted to share a story!

I flew into Potsdam (PTD) on Friday evening with the plan to meet up with some friends in Ogdensburg and go hiking the next day in the Adirondacks. I didn't fly into OGS since they are some price gouging bastards and really need to be the target of an AOPA campaign of sorts.. (they charge you $100 if you fly in after 4pm on weekdays to open the door for you for a single engine piston and apparently it's another $100 to fly out on the weekends). I'd rather pay for a $100 cab ride than support that sort of pricing structure for single engine pistons (although slightly off topic, but our Lyft driver back told us that if you call the local police station in OGS they will let you in and out of the airport for free).

Before flying into PTD, I looked at Lyft/Uber and saw there were drivers in the area, but when we flew in, I go to request and there were no cars available. I called the local taxi company and they said they couldn't send anyone out that way since they only had one car on the road (it's about a 45 minute drive). My wife and I are a bit stranded when I see a beautiful Mooney land. It's a gorgeous 305 Rocket with a fresh paint job and it turns out to be @aviatoreb! He didn't even hesitate after talking for a bit and let us borrow his car for a night!

I was so grateful to see such kindness displayed among us and hope to be able to pay it forward in the future! If any of you ever need anything around my homebase in KIAG, please reach out!

Edited by AlexLev
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, Raptor05121 said:

I believe someone made a map of users here on MS. Whatever happened to that? I'd love to have a sort of "AAA" for members if anyone is in someone's neck of the woods.

Yep, @gsxrpilot is the one that put the map together. Anyone that wants a link to it needs to have their location in their avatar, ask him to be included, and then he will add them and give them a link to it. For privacy reasons he hasn't made it a public link anywhere that I know of. I have the link saved in my bookmarks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Yep, @gsxrpilot is the one that put the map together. Anyone that wants a link to it needs to have their location in their avatar, ask him to be included, and then he will add them and give them a link to it. For privacy reasons he hasn't made it a public link anywhere that I know of. I have the link saved in my bookmarks.

This is all correct. If you'd like to be included on the map and have a link to the map... send me a PM... and make sure your location, either city or airport, in your avatar.