HSI DG/ Compass alignment

SkipSS

On my 93 M20J, my King HSI DG is off about 10 degrees from my compass that matches the compass rose at my airport. 

The remote compass sending unit above inspection plate in left wing has a circular sliding adjustment available, yet only provides about 3/4” total travel, perhaps about 20 degrees. 

When I attempt to turn the unit to align my DG, I’m limited to about 10 degrees east of 360 degree north. 

I don’t see a simple way to re-install unit in different orientation so that my available travel is more centered. 

I must be missing something to do. 

You really need the King manual to do this correctly, it has the procedure for this alignment. The remote compass is generally installed and aligned when new, and further adjustments are made with the slaving switch. The remote compass is only adjusted if the slaving adjustments are out of range.

I doubt the issue is with the KMT 112 slaving unit. 

I, too, has the same issue but I found my King KG 102A Directional Remote Gyro was the culprit for my HSI.  Bob Bramble - Aerolab, rebuilds these remote gyros.  I purchased one from someone on here that has been freshly rebuilt I would make a deal with you on if you figure out that is the issue.  That spare is listed on eBay, currently. 

I think the overhaul is $1200 but I would sell mine for almost half that to a MS'er.