Overhead Panel Lighting Conversion Kit

Does anyone know if there is an LED conversion kit to improve the overhead panel lighting in a vintage M20C? The original lighting provides poor illumination of my panel. I can hardly even see the directional gyro at night.

20181004_114931.jpg

20180124_171151.jpg

Edited by Mooney-Mark
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Boilermonkey said:

does it dim with the original dimmer, or did you mod that too?

The dimmer knob works every light in the cockpit, and should continue to dim them after LED installation as long as there is at least one regular bulb in the circuit. My engine and fuel gages are backlit, so that's mine, in addition to NuLites on my sixpack. But I would love an LED replacement for those little ceiling-mounted furnaces . . . . .

Mine have been converted to LED, but apparently with no incandescent bulbs in the circuit they are either full on or off. I have been given a dimmer that is supposed to work with them. So far I haven’t tackled that. Might be easier to figure out adding an incandescent somehow. My winter to-do list is growing.