SureFly Electronic Ignition

Hi There,

I visited the SureFly booth at Oshkosh this year and they indicated they were days away from certification of their drop-in replacement electronic ignition system.  I reached out to them a month ago and I didn't get a clear response from them on status.  Does anyone have information about their status?  For the advertised $1200 I'm eager to install one on my 67 F.

Brian

• Like 1

From the Surefly web site but we know how reliable that can be.I

*Status: Testing is complete. Engine STC expected by the end of September.  The Airframe STC should follow shortly thereafter.  We should have FAA MIDO cleared by the end of September.

Mass production of certified units expected to commence in October.

Stay tuned RIGHT HERE for additional updates!

I like these but I like the E-mag better it has a built in power source so if you lose ship power it still works.  However, I believe they are further behind than Surefly and approvals.

Murphy's law for time estimation:

Make your best guess.  Divide the numeric portion by two, increase the units by one.

For example, if we took "days" to mean 4 days, we would change that to 2 weeks.  5 weeks would mean 2.5 months, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

Murphy's law for time estimation:

Make your best guess.  Divide the numeric portion by two, increase the units by one.

For example, if we took "days" to mean 4 days, we would change that to 2 weeks.  5 weeks would mean 2.5 months, etc.

Using this for every IRAD project from here on out. 

• 1 year later...

Powderhound,

Follow me through the glades over here...

These things are selling like hot cakes...  more and more being installed every month...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?&q=Surefly&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

This is the output of a simple search using the term Surefly...  you can narrow it down easily...

Best regards,

-a-