Landing gear control box?

I believe it is a rectangular box under the glare shield in the vicinity of the warning lamps.      You should be able to follow the wire from the green gear down lamp  or the amber gear up  lamp  directly to the box.     

I bought the airplane as a project. One of the previous owner took it all apart and i’m trying to figure out all the wining and where every part goes. i was trying to get all the wining for the landing gear position indicator and warning horn. Here a picture of what the cockpit looks like.

Thank you guys for the feedback.

9d146db658b8149d4cd64de75055fd5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a different question. Going from memory here (I’m not home/schematics not with me), the gear warning horn is a series circuit with the gear down limit switch. The warning horn (located behind the copilot head in cealing flashing) is in line with a micro limit switch actuated by the throttle position. Basically, the system assumes a throttle position below a set point (~14” MP IIRC) should have the gear down. If not, the horn activates. I can see it’s a big project but If you can refine your questions, you’ll get a lot of help from the members here. If you don’t have parts and service manuals, you’re really going to need them. Best of luck. 

appreciate the help i’m sure I will be asking many many more questions. Im currently lacking a few parts but they are small parts to the puzzle, i did get the MM & IPC for the aircraft.

Welcome aboard.  Wow you do have a project going on.  Looking at the bright side you get to rewire the entire panel and it will be clean and not have remnants from 50 years of installations and modifications.  Plan you panel well for now and for the future modifications you may want to do.  Too bad Dynon is ready for prime time yet that would be a sweet fit  with what you currently have.

@Alan Fox

Alan Fox is someone who you want to know.  He will probably have any of the miscellaneous parts you may need for your project.  PM him a list of what you need.

Just a thought if it is still available there was a 200HP STC for the C models.  If you are doing the engine as well you might consider upgrading to the IO360 and 200HP.  It will make the C a little more capable and essentially you would have an E model after that.

Good luck and Mooney Space is a wealth of information.  Sometimes you have to weed though some extraneous comments though. :)

Post some more photos now and as you complete the project we all would love to see the progress.

Welcome aboard.  Wow you do have a project going on.  Looking at the bright side you get to rewire the entire panel and it will be clean and not have remnants from 50 years of installations and modifications.  Plan you panel well for now and for the future modifications you may want to do.  Too bad Dynon is ready for prime time yet that would be a sweet fit  with what you currently have.

[mention=7207]Alan Fox[/mention]
Alan Fox is someone who you want to know.  He will probably have any of the miscellaneous parts you may need for your project.  PM him a list of what you need.
Just a thought if it is still available there was a 200HP STC for the C models.  If you are doing the engine as well you might consider upgrading to the IO360 and 200HP.  It will make the C a little more capable and essentially you would have an E model after that.
Good luck and Mooney Space is a wealth of information.  Sometimes you have to weed though some extraneous comments though.

Post some more photos now and as you complete the project we all would love to see the progress.

Thank you very much sir. I will post pictures as i go. As of now It needs all the wiring redone in the instrument panel and the right hand fuel tank sealed the previous owner removed all the sealant already so that’s 70% of the work. Im sure you guys will be seen a lot of my post i appreciate all the help and guidance everyone has provided and will proved.

Thank you very much sir. I will post pictures as i go. As of now It needs all the wiring redone in the instrument panel and the right hand fuel tank sealed the previous owner removed all the sealant already so that’s 70% of the work. Im sure you guys will be seen a lot of my post i appreciate all the help and guidance everyone has provided and will proved.

Other than trying to find missing stuff and the “where does this go?” stuff, doing a grounds up restoration in many ways makes up for the sins of the hacks who worked on it over the years - especially the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, BAC Serv said:

I am trying to fix one now.  Anybody have a print for it?  The magic smoke came out. 

That happened to me while shooting a VOR-A approach and dropping the gear inbound just after coming out of the clouds. Took down the entire electrical system . . . Was eventually able to find a replacement, but it wasn't easy. Get the schematic above and see if you can repair yours. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, MikeOH said:

I have had some recent experience troubleshooting the control box.

PM me if you want the schematic.

Mike, happen to have the schematic of the control box for a 1969 E model?