Rylo 360 degree camera

gsxrpilot

11 minutes ago, Danb said:

Hey Paul I’m thinking of finally getting a go pro, is a hero7 a good purchase.

It depends on what you want to do with it. The hero7 is a really good camera. I prefer the smaller Session model like the Hero5 Session, but I don't think GoPro makes them anymore. They're smaller and super nice for mounting on the outside of the plane. But the Hero7 is a great all around camera. It can be mounted on the outside or inside. I'd want the Hero7 Black just to have the external mic option. This allows you to plug into your audio panel and capture cockpit coms without the noise.

• Like 1

Lake.thumb.jpg.e9fb5d222ed7cc992bc010d77491adcc.jpg

Taken from a Hero7 Black, which is far superior as compared to the same shots taken with the Session 5. The quality of the video and picture is much better than what is depicted here. I have and will continue to use my Hero 3 Silver, Session 5, and new 7 Black to document my flights. It's enjoyable to put the videos together and bolt on music for later viewing. I also find editing and splicing post flight videos a great debriefing tool. I recently hooked up cockpit audio to the Hero3 and now can overlay audio to my videos. The process is enjoyable and definitely helpful in identifying and correcting mistakes in my flying. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Beautiful!! Do you mind sharing how you have that Hero 7 mounted?

I have it mounted with a Helmet Side mount from GoPro at the top leading edge of the vertical stabilizer. I'm 6'5", so it's easy to reach that high. I'll snap a picture of it next time I'm at the airport. 

• Like 1