FlyWalt

Signature publishes fees for piston airplanes - AOPA

I've gotten raped up the six every time I've been in one of those places.  Only once did I feel it justified, when I left my aircraft there overnight.  Otherwise it just walked through their building to wait for my ride, back couple hours later.  I avoid them like the plague.  Aviation is expensive enough without those assholes.

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

One more thing, and it's something that I hate. I have what I consider to be a somewhat well-tempered sense of justice. I get really pissed off at the injustices that we deal with in life, but as pissed as I am with FBO pricing, or having to hold for a long time on the phone with a call center, only to speak to someone who barely speaks English, et cetera, I don't shoot the messenger. The person working the front desk just works there and has about as little to do with the fucking that we're getting as the person answering the phone when you call customer service. Sometimes it's not even the FBO, it's the airport sponsor forcing the FBO through some corrupt channel to pay too much for fuel and those costs get passed on to us. And worse, they often are the buffer for the negatively that goes along with what their employers are doing in setting prices. I go out of my way to express in the kindest of manner how much I appreciate the individual's help and in the same tone of voice, I voice my complaint over the high fees and explicitly tell them that I know they have nothing to do with it personally. Oftentimes it results in a fuel discount or fees getting waived even though I never ask for that. 

Signature is the only operation on the field at KGSO. They have excellent service and relatively inexpensive self-serve fuel. A couple weeks ago I went to a crowded bar in Tampa with my girlfriend. We're navigating through the crowd and this guy is looking at her and sortof blocking our path. I guide her to the right of him as I'm following her from behind. The next thing you know, as we're passing him, his hand slides up and grabs my ass. I don't think he even realized that it wasn't her. I felt violated; the same way that I feel when I fly out of Asheville. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another thing that's a real pity is these guys are actually doing their communities a disservice.  I usually contribute to the local economy when I visit a locality.  Lunch, perhaps bit of shopping, and I need  hotel if I get weathered in.  That all costs money that I'll happily spend, unless Signature runs the FBO.  Then some other community will get my money.

• Like 3

Another thing that's a real pity is these guys are actually doing their communities a disservice.  I usually contribute to the local economy when I visit a locality.  Lunch, perhaps bit of shopping, and I need  hotel if I get weathered in.  That all costs money that I'll happily spend, unless Signature runs the FBO.  Then some other community will get my money.

There is an airport near me that Signature runs the FBO and the GA hangars. They have multiple open hangars and charge less than my airport that is 10 nm away and with a wait list of 30. Fuel price is one issue but I am sure there are reasons the hangars are open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

47 minutes ago, Marauder said:

...I am sure there are reasons the hangars are open.

They keep burning the cookie$? :lol:

• Like 1

They keep burning the cookie$? :lol:

Indeed. Our cookies are never burnt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro