Recommendation for LED landing light

NicoN

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, r0ckst4r said:

Also a question for you folks replacing your lights with non PMA LEDs.  Since the original GE incandescent wasn't PMA either are you making a logbook entry or just replacing it and moving on?  Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post.

Logbook entry. I recently went to the Orlando FSDO (medical issue) and asked their lead A&P/IA inspector about their take on lights. Loosely quoting him in saying "as long as it doesnt require any modification and is drop-in, we're fine with it"

I do understand FAR's are open to interpritation from inspector to inspector and FSDO to FSDO, so what one inspector/FSDO is okay with, another might ground you for. Just my $0.02

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raptor05121 said:

I do understand FAR's are open to interpritation from inspector to inspector and FSDO to FSDO, so what one inspector/FSDO is okay with, another might ground you for. Just my $0.02

Unfortunately very true...