anyone flown to baton rouge for an LSU game?

Closest would be KBTR.  I've only been there a few times myself as close as it is.

It is not that terribly far from the stadium.  Using a  ab or uber probably is the best way to get around once there.  I've never been to a Tigers game but I imagine parking and traffic are not pleasant.

KREG Gonzales would be a pretty straight shot on I10 west into baton Rouge but you will need a car and fight the I10 traffic which can get pretty long on I10 west into BR.

There is someone here that lives in BR but I do not remember who.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, 1964-M20E said:

Closest would be KBTR.  I've only been there a few times myself as close as it is.

It is not that terribly far from the stadium.  Using a  ab or uber probably is the best way to get around once there.  I've never been to a Tigers game but I imagine parking and traffic are not pleasant.

KREG Gonzales would be a pretty straight shot on I10 west into baton Rouge but you will need a car and fight the I10 traffic which can get pretty long on I10 west into BR.

There is someone here that lives in BR but I do not remember who.

You will have to be very patient! Traffic is horrible trying to leave that stadium. 

There are no ramp fees at KREG and it stays that way for the games.

Flew in to BTR a couple years back to watch my Gators beat LSU ( wouldn’t bet the farm on that happening this weekend in Gville:o).As I recall it was no issues in or out but we stayed a day or two. Convenient to the stadium. 

• Like 1

There is a long body in New Orleans KNEW painted purple and gold.  I saw it Saturday when I went to fly the R22 helicopter.  I didn't get the tail number.

I was told I need to paint mine in my school colors that  is easy blue and silver nothing too outlandish for the next owner.

4 hours ago, 1964-M20E said:

There is a long body in New Orleans KNEW painted purple and gold.  I saw it Saturday when I went to fly the R22 helicopter.  I didn't get the tail number.

I was told I need to paint mine in my school colors that  is easy blue and silver nothing too outlandish for the next owner.

School colors can be done simply and still look good. Like this one I saw Saturday . . .

20181006_114144.thumb.jpg.53e485a5920053eb8a9f5d3f5d66f91b.jpg

The owner said "There's a lot of Auburn in me," and I can only answer "WAR EAGLE!"

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hank said:

School colors can be done simply and still look good. Like this one I saw Saturday . . .

20181006_114144.thumb.jpg.53e485a5920053eb8a9f5d3f5d66f91b.jpg

The owner said "There's a lot of Auburn in me," and I can only answer "WAR EAGLE!"

An auburn grad that can afford a plane?  Let's not turn my thread into a joke. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

There's at least two of us . . . . .  :rolleyes:

haha, I knew there was at least one....

39 minutes ago, Wayne Cease said:

A third, and I could afford that easily.

Auburn is a big engineering school. Engineers top the list on starting salaries and percentage hired right after graduation.

no offense, just some UGA/Auburn ribbing with Hank.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Not blowing my horn too much here being a Gator and all but I can honestly say that most Florida grads I know have done very well. It also never ceases to amaze me that no matter where I am In the world I run in to Alumnae. 

Edited by Bravoman