Mooney Summit VII

Seth

With a successful Mooney Summit VI ending today, we will remind all that Mooney Summit VII will be held in Panama City Beach, Florida from Sept 27-29, 2019.

We will continue to eveolve the format and hope you will join us.

Please provide any suggestions and comments so that we can make this gathering the best possible to “better the breed.”

We’ll continually update information regarding Mooney Summit VII as it becomes official.

-Seth

• Like 4

@Seth and Lee are really going to make the next one the best yet. With 6 Summit's history and processes to draw from, they know what works, what doesn't, what needs improvement and what we should safeguard. The Mooney Summit, Inc.'s board consist of 6 people and is the most impressive board I have ever served on. We are lucky to have such talent and dedication to insure our mission to "better the breed" is fulfilled each year. We are constantly approached by individuals offering to help in any capacity, a sign we are on the right track. Mooney International is behind our efforts as is the FAA and industry and other aviation associations and groups. This year alone I have been approached by 3 other marque associations to help them set up a foundation like our Bill Gilliland foundation to aid downed Mooney pilot's families, a true measure of the impact of the Mooney Summit. 

• Like 2

We actually tried this the very first Summit. The problem was those that donated and received large number of tickets kept getting their ticket pulled. I finally said "who hasn't won a prize (there were only 38 of us at the first one) come on up and pick something out"

This might not be workable for the 300+ we hope to have next year. Odds of winning go way up with larger donations, right Mr. Junken? Speaking of which, All but one registered did make a donation this year to help out with the expenses of the event and to fund our charity to allow the Bill Gilliland foundation to continue to support you, the Mooney Community, when it is needed the most. Thanks for your generosity to help make it all happen. Ron and I are adamant about trying to keep it open without a registration fee, and it will only be possible with your donations. If it comes to requiring a donation or a registration fee, so be, but we are fighting to keep it funded thru kindness.

All that said, Heck yes, if someone can strategically and tactically design a better system for the raffle, we are all ears. It is a chore to preload tickets, hustle donations on the front end, stuff the envelopes, make sure badges are ordered on time, waste $ because of cancellations, etc keep track of who is coming and who is not that Becky, Alice and I would like to see streamlined as I am sure Seth would. Please forward your suggestions here to Seth or Lee and lets get this part of the program running as smooth as I have previously with the wine choices :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This year was my first opportunity to attend the Summit and I was impressed with the caliber of the presenters and the value of the information that they shared. This is a treasure of the Mooney community that deserves our continuing support as well as our championing to our brother and sister affinity groups that they might develop similar events. "Better the Breed" is something all aviation groups can and should embrace. Well done and my hat's off to Mike and Ron for the genesis, and to Seth and Lee for carrying the torch forward.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, fantom said:

Great work, Mike. What you do for GA and the Mooney community is most commendable. We are very proud of you! B)

Thanks Gary, this is a team effort, certainly not about me. Seth is going to take the Summit to the next level, keeping our ideals and mission intact. If we can prevent the accident with proper education, great. If not, we are there to help our Mooney family. Ron and I are proud of what we have accomplished for sure.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, mike_elliott said:

Next year we want to fill this space...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZxQLgz2s56Q4dqDA

That's an admirable goal, and I would love to see it full!

But please, please bring back tables! I really missed the easy ability to take notes this year and had to settle for pictures of the presentations. But I can't capture what the speakers say that isn't shown on the screen . . . . That is much of the value of attendance, being able to review things later.

Thank you for the excellent work on the several Summits I have been able to attend.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hank said:

That's an admirable goal, and I would love to see it full!

But please, please bring back tables! I really missed the easy ability to take notes this year and had to settle for pictures of the presentations. But I can't capture what the speakers say that isn't shown on the screen . . . . That is much of the value of attendance, being able to review things later.

Thank you for the excellent work on the several Summits I have been able to attend.

Great suggestion, Hank. I agree and hopefully a solution can and will be employed. As Seth works for lining up the facility and we get budgets approved, it could bear the impact of this.

14 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Great suggestion, Hank. I agree and hopefully a solution can and will be employed. As Seth works for lining up the facility and we get budgets approved, it could bear the impact of this.

Tables might be nice, but my clipboard serves the same purpose.  Problem with table is that, for a given venue, tables will reduce the seating capacity by about 50%.

• Like 3

Just now, neilpilot said:

Tables might be nice, but my clipboard serves the same purpose.  Problem with table is that, for a given venue, tables will reduce the seating capacity by about 50%.

Thus upping the cost of the space 100 percent plus the cost of the tables and setup labor, but we will see. Keep this in mind everyone when asked for a donation to help, and not rely on your other Mooney brothers to do it for you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

That'll work, but I generally leave my kneeboard in the plane. Then this year, due to extremely low, black ceiling and TS enroute, I drove down . . . . .  :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank said:

That'll work, but I generally leave my kneeboard in the plane. Then this year, due to extremely low, black ceiling and TS enroute, I drove down . . . . .  :(

Clipboard, not kneeboard.  I can confirm that it's difficult to see the screen when the person sitting directly in front of you is constantly raising his camera (phone) above his head to photo every slide....:angry:

• Sad 1