Looking for CFI to pay $$/day to Ferry Mooney M20C to Texas Area

Vagus

Good afternoon everyone,

I wrote a post a few days ago to find some Mooney training locally here in Fort Worth, Texas. Sadly I was unable to find Moonies for rent! To be expected.

Second idea!

1. First, I want to get the prebuy done and that should be happening this week or early next week.

2. The date I plan to to arrive is 10/13 Saturday, sign off on the plane and 10/14 Fly the plane back with a CFI and also get some training.

Is there any CFI's willing to take 2 days to Ferry an airplane back to Texas? If so, feel free to PM me. 

I appreciate your help and consideration in advance.

James

Edited by James0519
Update Model of Mooney

Also maybe model of Mooney and any avionics installed. Lots of cfis out there, not as many who know Mooney’s or even have experience. I’ve flown vintage Mooney’s and own one, but would be hard pressed to fly a K-Model or one of the new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My suggestion, go through the list of Mooney CFI’s and pick one near where you are purchasing the plane.
Secondly, delay departure to a weekday when you have access to a mechanic to fix anything needed after a local shake down and training flight before starting a long x-ctry. Its rarer than you might realize to pickup up a plane new to you without some sqawks even if freshly annual’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James I am having trouble getting a PM to you for some reason, so I will post it here.

Bob Cabe is someone who definitely could do what you are looking for.  I thought I had his number, but I can’t find it.  You can find his information in the MAPA directory or by contacting All American Aircraft in Spring Branch.  What you are looking for is what he does on a regular basis, specifically with Mooney’s.

Hope this helps.

@MBDiagManthank you so much for this info. I had a CFI in Dallas just call me about an hr ago and he was interested in the time frame I had in mind and we seemed to be in sync. I'll post here the pictures of the Mooney and our adventure if everything works out. I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. 

Try Will Wobbe from Virginia.  Contact info is here along with several others: http://www.themooneyflyer.com/cfi.html

I did the opposite direction of this same plan with him.  Bought the plan in TX and we flew out together and started the transition training on the way back to VA.  I don't know which direction you are getting it from.  He has ferried planes coast to coast though.