Any Mooney at KPDK ?

balanoiu

I'm looking at buying an airplane and while I've only flew PA-28 and 172 so far after a good amount of research I'm intrigued about the Mooney. I am 6'3'' and I'm looking for a post M20J model to take advantage of the extra 10'' of cabin space. That said ... I've seen a Mooney from the outside but never actually sat in to see if I fit in.  Are there any Mooney owners at KPDK - Atlanta kind enough to demo their plane and talk about their experience. I'm obliviously happy to pay for the gas. 

Thanks, 

Vio

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, balanoiu said:

I'm looking at buying an airplane and while I've only flew PA-28 and 172 so far after a good amount of research I'm intrigued about the Mooney. I am 6'3'' and I'm looking for a post M20J model to take advantage of the extra 10'' of cabin space. That said ... I've seen a Mooney from the outside but never actually sat in to see if I fit in.  Are there any Mooney owners at KPDK - Atlanta kind enough to demo their plane and talk about their experience. I'm obliviously happy to pay for the gas. 

Thanks, 

Vio

I can tell you from experience you should not have any problem even fitting into a J. Several of us on here are "vertically excessive" with @Yetti taking the crown at 6'9" and flying an F model (another mid-body like the J). I top out at 6'5", but being a bit older than you appear in your avatar, I also weigh in at 215# and fit well. Best of luck on your search!

• Like 1

The other thing to note is a rebuilt seat.   Some have more foam added, some don't.    I went to All american aircraft and sat in several Mooneys and they all had different seat height based on the foam in the seat.

• Like 1

I’m at PDK and happy to show you how an Ovation fits. I’m 6’ 2” and have plenty of room. I’ve always thought the complaint about tight Mooney cockpits is complete malarkey.  Just send me a PM and we can connect up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1