3D print quadrant control tips

RobertGary1

Like I said - If you guys get me a picture of the lever and dimensions on it - and an idea of what you want the handle to be (I see a few versions) it's only a few minutes in CAD to draw it up and 45-1hr to print it...

There's a mixture lever based off a 60s money pic I found... Guessing the lever is about 1" flatbar with a 1/4" hole? Fusion 360 says I spent 8 minutes on it... With rendering. 38 minute print with a .8 nozzle on my railcore. 

mixture mooney v0-01.jpeg

Edited by Hephaestus
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Looks great, what about a maple leaf shaped mixture   :)

Some people 3D print. I prefer wood, because I can carve things that are difficult to draw . . .  This is a radio volume knob for a friend's Mercedes with his name carved into it.

20180604_163000.thumb.jpg.fe2976d279eb2a1c0208c55ab3ff1b4d.jpg

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Looks great, what about a maple leaf shaped mixture   :)

Nothing's impossible ;)

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Some people 3D print. I prefer wood, because I can carve things that are difficult to draw . . .  This is a radio volume knob for a friend's Mercedes with his name carved into it.

20180604_163000.thumb.jpg.fe2976d279eb2a1c0208c55ab3ff1b4d.jpg

But when you can print in wood filament... The details can get even finer ;)

IMG_20180919_063309-01.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Nothing's impossible ;)

But when you can print in wood filament... The details can get even finer ;)

IMG_20180919_063309-01.jpeg

But it's still plastic, no grain, reduced strength, colors from dye. The radio knob is natural colored paduak from Central America, with a little paint used to bring out the carving. Posted here, there's much more detail visible than when I carved it with magnification. Could have done better cleaning up the paint . . . . . It bled too much into the grain . . . . .

33 minutes ago, Antares said:

Oh, sure I could measure it with a caliper. I wasn't sure what level of precision he wanted.

-Robert