Carb Heat Box Actuator Failure

Can't see your picture . . .

Mine broke three years ago, it was fixed up and welded back together. Couldn't understand why my climb rate sucked leaving NC mountains or where my cruise speed went . . . . . It just doesn't run well with carb neat fully open all the time!

I'll see if I can find a picture for you.

2 hours ago, Boilermonkey said:

Pic494a0f5515cfaa287d77f1db4e4a95ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep, that's where mine broke. My A&P welded it up. It's not pretty, but it's functional. Put in a new cable, too. Twas a pricey annual (failure happened three weeks before it started, giving me time to d!ck around with it and figure out why I had little climb and no speed . . . . ).

27 minutes ago, DXB said:

Mooney had the part in stock when mine broke.  Also I bet McFarlane will make one for you

Found one in salvage, hoping it is in as good condition as they say.  We'll probably get a spare or new one in the near future.  Some of the parts for our 1962 M20C  are near impossible to find...otherwise there's going to be a lot of minor/major forms that we'll need to start filing.

• Like 1