The New Phonebooks are Here, The New Phonebooks are Here!!

Jeff_S

Ha! Pardon the reference to obscure old Steve Martin movies, but remember that scene in The Jerk where he is all excited because the phone books have been published and he can see his name in print?  If you'll permit me a similar moment of pride, I am now a published aviation writer:

https://airfactsjournal.com/2018/09/the-other-4-cs-of-aviation/

All that practice I've gotten at MooneySpace may finally start to bear fruit. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get paid for it!

:D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/27/2018 at 7:30 AM, Jeff_S said:

Ha! Pardon the reference to obscure old Steve Martin movies, but remember that scene in The Jerk where he is all excited because the phone books have been published and he can see his name in print?  If you'll permit me a similar moment of pride, I am now a published aviation writer:

https://airfactsjournal.com/2018/09/the-other-4-cs-of-aviation/

All that practice I've gotten at MooneySpace may finally start to bear fruit. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get paid for it!

:D

Jeff, great article and an excellent reminder to take the time and go back through the routine if anything is out of the ordinary.  Some where in your mind, it was saying that things aren't right, which most likely is what caused you to realize that you were still on the AWOS frequency,  Thank God you realized and took action to correct prior to negative consequences.

I loved reading your bio at the bottom of your article also.  I lived in Wichita, KS in Navy Recruiting for a period after Top Gun came out.  I lived off of Mission, which was literally less than a mile from McConnel AFB.  Coming from the Submarine community in the Navy, where we are known as the silent service, I realized living that close to the AFB, the air force has never been described as silent, especially when they scramble in the middle of the night.