things you do when your plane is in for annual #1.......

eman1200

Just now, Oldguy said:

If it is your first annual, you should open your checkbook, look at the balance, and sigh knowing it will never be that high again....

yep, paid today.....savings depleted.  it's like a magic trick....how to make money disappear.  

hope to pick up the plane on Saturday after this weather breaks.

once I check the plane out and confirm everything is working as it was before the annual (or better!), I'll do a nice writeup/review/1st year ownership thread.

On 9/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, KSMooniac said:

All planes have an excess money detector as standard equipment.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Is there an STC to have it removed?

Edited by CDNflyby
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 3:17 PM, eman1200 said:

yep, paid today.....savings depleted.  it's like a magic trick....how to make money disappear.  

hope to pick up the plane on Saturday after this weather breaks.

once I check the plane out and confirm everything is working as it was before the annual (or better!), I'll do a nice writeup/review/1st year ownership thread.

So...?

1 hour ago, eman1200 said:

picked up the plane yesterday, put her back in the over-swept hangar.  I have a couple of things I have to call them about, otherwise she purred all the way home.  will eventually do a write-up thread.

Looking forward to it. I’m 1 month into ownership of my 74 M20F. It’ll be a painful March, with a couple upgrades and annual. 

On 9/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, CDNflyby said:

Is there an STC to have it removed?

no and even if you find it in the plane and the hangar fairies do their magic it will regenerate in about 2 months and be worse than before.   The best thing you can do is feed a little each day and then it will not be so hungry in the future and demand large sums of cash.:D

what should a normal Mooney annual INSPECTION cost? 
no "extra" work just the clean, lube, grease, inspect and sign off 

Probably depends on location and mechanic type(shade tree vs MSC).
Mine have ranged from $1800 for a MSC to $1400, not owner assisted, but owner involved. Takes them about a week.
I like to be present at beginning for compression tests and also for gear retraction test, and be actively engaged discussing squawks and any issues the mechanics find.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2018 at 6:17 AM, steingar said:

They just don't make mechanics like they used to.

Yeah... that's why one of my goals over the next few years is to get my A&P certification. Hopefully, in the mean-time I can keep my wonderful relationship with my current A&P/IA.