FlyQ

KLRDMD

On 3/13/2019 at 6:56 PM, Shadrach said:

I’ve been using FlyQ for a few years now. I’ve also used Foreflight and the  FltPlan.com EFB. I went back to FlyQ because of the great offers they were making last year. However,  I’m having a FlyQ issue. Synthetic vision has never worked as expected. It does not populate the downloaded terrain. I’ve always assumed that required some sort of augmented GPS signal and it was never that important to me. Recently, I flew a friend down to NC to deliver the prop from his Comanche 250 to H&H propeller. He was using iFly on his tablet while I ran FlyQ on my iPad. I was surprised by the detail and accuracy of iFly synthetic vision. FlyQ displayed nothing but towers and did not allow me to pan around. IFly looked like a sophisticated flight sim only it matched what I was seeing outside the cockpit. I assume there’s an issue with my installation or settings. I’ve tried to trouble shoot it. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve redownloaed the map and terrain data. I’ve looked through the manual and YouTube videos. Haven’t found a solution. I emailed Seatle avionics (can’t call support) with pictures.  I got a closed ticket back suggesting that I download the terrain that I’ve already downloaded several times. Poor showing across the board. I’m glad I didn’t buy the lifetime membership.

iFly GPS has become my "go to" app.

Edited by KLRDMD
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm exploring what an M20C (actually a M20D, if it matters) would look like in FlyQ. It has M20C Mark 21, M20C Ranger, and M20D in its database, but only the first one actually has profile settings. These are the FlyQ defaults:

FlyQ_M20C.profile.thumb.jpeg.af5ba3e8494c334ae43592e6b57d6969.jpeg

From what I've researched, those speeds sound a bit optimistic, and the fuel perhaps a bit optimistic for those speeds, but hopefully pessimistic for actual real-world speeds. 

Can anyone share their M20C aircraft profile settings? 

Thanks,
-dave

23 hours ago, BlueMooneyOverKentucky said:

I'm exploring what an M20C (actually a M20D, if it matters) would look like in FlyQ. It has M20C Mark 21, M20C Ranger, and M20D in its database, but only the first one actually has profile settings. These are the FlyQ defaults:

From what I've researched, those speeds sound a bit optimistic, and the fuel perhaps a bit optimistic for those speeds, but hopefully pessimistic for actual real-world speeds. 

Thanks,
-dave

Got a link to the speed data?

Or what numbers has your research provided?

Make sure you have the units correct… nmph vs mph…

Often the instrument panel is marked in one, but modern apps use the other…

M20Cs are pretty fast when compared to other brands…  :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

On 9/10/2021 at 1:34 PM, BlueMooneyOverKentucky said:

Thanks,
-dave

Let's see, my Climb Speed is 100 mph - Altitude, so sea level to 10,000 msl averages 95 mph = 83 KTAS.

Cruise Speed is generally 145-148 KTAS.

I descent at 500 fpm, not the 1000 fpm shown, and I'm right at the top of the green arc [top = 175 mph; I'm generally indicating 165-170 mph all the way down]. So well over 150 knots.

My fuel flow is 18 gph for takeoff; averages 9 gph or less when traveling, fuel pump to fuel pump. No way that I'd ever use 11 gph . . . .

There's also no ceiling. I've only been to 15,000 msl one hot August afternoon, but later figured DA at that point was 18,800. Take oxygen if you try that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueMooneyOverKentucky said:

Thanks, Hank. That’s exactly what I was looking for. What model are you flying?

I have a 1970 C with electric flaps and gear. So my V-speeds will all be a little higher than a D. For me:

• Vfo = 125 mph
  • Vg =120 mph
  • Yellow Arc = 175 -200 mph 
  • Vne = 200 mph 

You will notice if you're ever near Vne. Takes a healthy descent rate, and the airflow is quite loud. At least it was the one time I hit 190 mphi. Don't generally get much into the yellow at all. Some older Es with yellow starting at 150 mph cruise in the yellow, but their redline is around 189 mph.  

• Like 1