1991 KI Mooney TLS/Bravo

KLRDMD

This was my second Mooney, a known ice Mooney Bravo. I sold it in about 2006 as I recall. It is a good solid airplane for anyone looking for such a beast. I have no affiliation with the seller; I sold it to a guy that sold it to the current owner.  I just happened to notice it for sale the other day. He's asking $165k.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?listing_id=2328264&s-type=aircraft

4 hours ago, smccray said:

Reasonable price for that bird. Biggest unknown is the availability of the current round of pending upgrades (G5, Dynon, etc) on a known ice plane. 

Unlikely that there would be any conflict between FIKI and Avionics. Major airframe, engine, or prop changes obviously do need to be accounted for. When I bought the Acclaim, I was cross shopping a TN/FIKI G36 or A36 bonanza, and I recall there was a specific order in which one has to sequence the mods (eg: FIKI, then tip tanks, and then TN, or some such dance). 

Even on the G1000 pre-ultra Mooney’s, the TKS is stand alone and n no way integrated into the avionics. 

1 hour ago, larryb said:

Well, you cannot install a G5 in a FIKI plane today. Garmin hopes to remove that limitation in the future. There is a thread on beechtalk about it. Doesn’t make any sense. But it is true.

Crazy. Layered STC’s and OEM equipment that doesn’t conflict in any way.... I get that you can’t throw an Allison turbine on a Cessna 210 and retain the FIKI cert, but the a/p thing is just a sad artifact of an inefficient certification world. Thanks for showing me this example. 

The owner isn't on this site, I posted it as an example of a great airplane that's available and one that I personally owned. That said, I recall it having the highest useful load of any KI Bravo I've ever come across. I would suggest going the the actual ad, link provided above, and contacting the current owner for specifics.

• 3 weeks later...