Foreflight Trip Assistant

exM20K

Stumbled on this today on the Web version of foreflight:

https://blog.foreflight.com/2018/09/12/foreflight-trip-assistant-door-to-door-flight-and-fuel-stop-planner/

Plan trip legs based on available fuel load, time, or $.  This is very useful to those of us that fly useful load constrained planes like FIKI Acclaim.  Fltplan has had a fuel stop finder for a while, but it is not really well implemented.  

Bravo foreflight

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, exM20K said:

it is. I sent them the POH and worked with them to get it right.  For my TKS bird, I reduce book speed by 5% and generally wind up spot on for trip fuel. LL10 ->KCRG and back KCRG -> LL10 last week was spot on at 68 gallons.  Amazing.

-dan

Sold!  Good timing anyways because my Garmin Pilot subscription is expiring soon.

Looks like it is only for the Performance plans:

ForeFlight customers who subscribe to Performance Flight Planning services can access Trip Assistant by logging in to the ForeFlight website using their existing ForeFlight credentials.

Trip Assistant is included – at no additional charge – in ForeFlight’s Performance Plus and Business Performance plans. To learn more about Performance Flight Planning, visit www.foreflight.com/performance.

3 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Looks like it is only for the Performance plans:

ForeFlight customers who subscribe to Performance Flight Planning services can access Trip Assistant by logging in to the ForeFlight website using their existing ForeFlight credentials.

Trip Assistant is included – at no additional charge – in ForeFlight’s Performance Plus and Business Performance plans. To learn more about Performance Flight Planning, visit www.foreflight.com/performance.

Personally, the lack of a performance option when I transitioned from the J to the TN was a big reason I left FF in the first place.  The other was the OnePak bundle/price break.  I’ve given Garmin Pilot a fair shake (3ish years) and wanted to love it, but my list of frustrations is just getting longer.