Panel Lighting Schematic for Eagle or Ovation?

Chris K

Both my panel and glareshield lights are out on my Eagle.  My mechanic and I pulled the transistors out of the tail and both were blown.  Before we plug back in only to find out we have a short somewhere, does anyone happen to have the wiring schematic so that we can isolate the wires for testing?  I'm guessing the Ovations used similar system for panel lights, so that could prove helpful if anyone has a schematic they could share.

I had a similar fault in my 96 Ovation. My most excellent avionics shop, Islip Avionics (ISP), requested the circuit board diagrams from Mooney support and managed to fix it for a small fraction of replacing the circuitry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, gsengle said:

I had a similar fault in my 96 Ovation. My most excellent avionics shop, Islip Avionics (ISP), requested the circuit board diagrams from Mooney support and managed to fix it for a small fraction of replacing the circuitry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - last time we had to call Mooney it took a couple days to get what we needed.  We were hoping to test sooner if anyone happens to have a schematic.

8 hours ago, Chris K said:

Thanks - last time we had to call Mooney it took a couple days to get what we needed.  We were hoping to test sooner if anyone happens to have a schematic.

Do you or your maintainer have the manuals?  The wiring schematics are in them.  Electronic version will still need to printed and they are about 3x6’ .

Clarence

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Full maintenance manuals for the O used to be online at Midwest Mooney...

The MM has the wiring diagrams in it...

See if you can find Midwest ?

Best regards,

-a-

I searched Midwest Mooney and looks like the domain is for sale (I assume you meant the business in Flora, IL?).  There seems to be a new company that calls itself Midwest Mooney in KS but it appears they are sales only.