201 Yokes Upgrade

Reid

You can get the shafts from Mooney.  You'll need to go through an MSC to order them. You might also get the yokes from Mooney as well, but it's a lot cheaper if you can find them second hand somewhere.

Be careful buying shafts. They are different between models. So if you find them used online somewhere, make sure they will fit your C.

You might find an old set of yokes for a J or K and then have them covered in leather at AeroComfort in San Antonio. I can tell you from experience, it makes a really nice upgrade to your cockpit.

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.18e3f8c64e795b5192a07d44fbaa9ffa.jpg

• Like 1

Great decision in wanting to do the upgrade. Upon purchase I had mine done with the assistance of Don Maxwell and I am really happy with the results. Here they are looking so good I ended up redoing my panel as well a few months later.

a16232ccc4e65b399db63faedce99df3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Danb said:
MrR clean looking panel. It’s awesome how our Mscer’s restore our vintage aircraft 

When buying the plane in December I knew she needed attention. Don Maxwell did a great job with the needed/requested upgrades including new flaps, new brakes, new pucks, new oil lines, new tires, new wheels, new visors, new yokes (leather wrapped). I’ve also recently had new flap seals, vernier prop controller, new voltage regulator and alternator installed as well.

Since that photo above was taken I’ve also upgraded the panel with a Garmin set up.

• GTX 345 Transponder ADSB OUT/ IN
  • GMA 350 C Audio Panel with Bluetooth and Connectivity Voice Commands.
  • GTN 650 Nav/Com GPS
  • GI 106 B Heading Indicator.
  • EDM 700 Engine Monitor- Upgraded and New Display

I’m done with the upgrades for a while. She’s ready to fly on with confidence.

Now if only I could get my hours in her to match the dollars I spent getting her in shape. Love my plane!

[a5774b080b5605396b09ec4d23060591.jpg44d9dad8dcf30f0877d0a9d3f17d6dc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 10:13 AM, gsxrpilot said:

You can get the shafts from Mooney.  You'll need to go through an MSC to order them. You might also get the yokes from Mooney as well, but it's a lot cheaper if you can find them second hand somewhere.

Be careful buying shafts. They are different between models. So if you find them used online somewhere, make sure they will fit your C.

You might find an old set of yokes for a J or K and then have them covered in leather at AeroComfort in San Antonio. I can tell you from experience, it makes a really nice upgrade to your cockpit.

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.18e3f8c64e795b5192a07d44fbaa9ffa.jpg

Paul, are you saying that J or K yokes will fit on F shafts?