No Longer NEED AN OIL TEMP GAUGE AND SENDER

Guest Spike Kavalench

Guest Spike Kavalench

Edit: Think I found one, but thanks for the replies guys!  

My M20B just had an engine change and the oil temp sender got damaged. The gauge is not factory original so the stock,part won’t workso I think I need a whole new gauge and semder assembl6.. it’s a 4 week back order from Aircraft Sprice for a UMA setup.. Can anyone help with ideas or parts? Yeah I know. It’s ancient, and upside down. ..So am I.

F6960694-03D5-4CA9-8CB7-8C7D27FDCA48.jpeg

Edited by Spike Kavalench
Found what I needed.

25DE56D5-A081-4AAA-80E1-071D11E7D901.thumb.jpeg.b70de469460eb83b49ba77b386f0d5d7.jpeg

OilT indications require a few things...

The oil temperature is measured using a thermistor... a temp sensitive resistor that sits in the oil’s path.

a Voltage source, a gauge (calibrated volt meter in °F), and a good ground complete the circuit...

Verify that the ship’s voltage is reaching the thermistor, then to the gauge, then to ground...

First, Figure out what is not working, or got disconnected, or needs cleaning...

@Spike Kavalench got a pic of what got broke?  Expect that the parts near the engine are very standardized.  Many interchangeable suppliers... got a part number to go with the broken part....?

Also... be aware that ‘AOG!’... is often a call for help when a maintenance item has occurred while away from home...

i may be mis-understanding your level of need...  your not stuck somewhere related to your OilT sensor are you? :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

My M20B just had an engine change and the oil temp sender got damaged. The gauge is not factory original so the stock,part won’t workso I think I need a whole new gauge and semder assembl6.. it’s a 4 week back order from Aircraft Sprice for a UMA setup.. Can anyone help with ideas or parts? Yeah I know. It’s ancient, and upside down. ..So am I.
F6960694-03D5-4CA9-8CB7-8C7D27FDCA48.thumb.jpeg.dfcc33bbf514eca9e42d933fc5b047e9.jpeg

EI sells a primary oil temperature & pressure gauge. Has an STC for your Mooney.

ad92d0a878d660630f9cbe5596a17a82.png

https://m.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/ei-digitalgraphic2.php?clickkey=12059

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro