watch to feel better next time you do something stupid

DXB

9 hours ago, skykrawler said:

I would never ridicule another person who owned a well maintained airplane - even a Piper pacer ;).  I don't understand the Cirrus hate.

Short wing pipers are fine airplanes. Especially those with nose wheels affixed to the tail. I would never disparage one with an “even a P...” comment.

There’s nothing wrong with Cirrus aircraft. They’re very nice planes. It’s some of the owners/operators that can be off putting. Many of them came to GA because of Cirrus. They trained in the planes they now operate. There’s a humility that comes from training in an ugly, 50+yr old Cessna with steam gauges that many Cirrus pilots just don’t have. You can almost smell it on them. Kind of like the kid who gets a brand new car in high school and never has to deal with the challenges of driving an old beater.

I say this from experience. This is the bird I used for primary training. Not something that gave me much swagger but I loved it just the same.

F9588259-C730-4E00-ACC3-8BB60D9D6919.thumb.jpeg.12c3980a347b78f1ad76a0dc7aa4e4e2.jpeg

Clarification- OP intended to ridicule one specific Cirrus owner, not all Cirrus owners :lol:

Agree with Shadrach though- one is best served coming to the insulating  aesthetics  of the  Cirrus from a trainer that gives you a more complete feel for the stark dangers of flying. 

• Like 1