1973 M20E Just listed

TWinter

7 hours ago, M016576 said:

Yep- basically flipping it.

Same thing is happening with my Bonanza.  Guy bought it and then I find out it's for sale again way above what I let it go for (didn't know the buyer was working for a dealer at the time).  Guess the brokers/dealers are seeing a strong buyers market right now. 

Brian

18 hours ago, 75_M20F said:

So much for those who said a pre J would never fetch north of $100,000 no matter how nice it was.

This is great news, I have been contemplating selling mine and getting something larger.

Whats larger?

An acclaim/bravo/ovation, or like a tbm/p baron/duke

Hate to see it was purchased to be flipped. It was brokered and I never met the buyer. I was hoping it was to someone who just wanted it because they wanted a nice Mooney. I guess the key was getting it sold, but I'll admit if it sells for $135k it will hurt my financial feelings greatly. Apparently, I settled for far less than what I could have gotten for it if she goes for near the asking. 

Regardless, If money was no object I'd buy it back in a minute, but not at 135k..She's a great bird.

I like my twin and that is what fits my mission right now for business and personal, but 41M had a lot of memories. I'd keep her as my weekend ride if I was financially able. :)

-Tom

So much for those who said a pre J would never fetch north of $100,000 no matter how nice it was.
This is great news, I have been contemplating selling mine and getting something larger.

Hasn’t sold yet. I remember a J was $200,000...no fancy avionics...pretty sure that didn’t sell either.

Tom

2007 economics are starting to show up in small quantities...

Low interest rates are promoters of taking on financial risk.  

Use caution with anything that uses a variable interest rate.   The low interest rate may start rising to make payments unaffordable...

Stable interest rates are nearing their natural end...

In 2007 I was looking at a nice J....in 2008 I moved up to considering a missile... in 2009 I bought an Ovation... all at the same price point...

What is very different this time... the unemployment rate hasn’t begun to rise... Inflation hasn’t started spreading.... we aren’t seeing any raises in pay yet either....

PP thoughts only, not an economist...

Best regards,

-a-

2007 economics are starting to show up in small quantities...
Low interest rates are promoters of taking on financial risk.  
Use caution with anything that uses a variable interest rate.   The low interest rate may start rising to make payments unaffordable...

Stable interest rates are nearing their natural end...

In 2007 I was looking at a nice J....in 2008 I moved up to considering a missile... in 2009 I bought an Ovation... all at the same price point...
What is very different this time... the unemployment rate hasn’t begun to rise... Inflation hasn’t started spreading.... we aren’t seeing any raises in pay yet either....
PP thoughts only, not an economist...
Best regards,
-a-
I tried to buy 2 acres of commercial land a week or so ago with a written offer of what they paid last a bit over a year ago. Seller countered with his full asking price.

The "market" is funky right now. I think wise buyers would be sitting on their hands right now. Wise sellers would be acting quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4