SDL Transient

KLRDMD

The public terminal was bulldozed for a replacement that has been under construction.   I think the parking is still there, and the last time I was there to use it there was a still a walk-in gate around the construction that could be used. 

The new terminal is supposed to be done with a grand opening on Nov 3rd.

You could probably call the city/airport manager to see what's up, but I think the transient parking may still be there, just harder to access.

Thanks. I E-Mailed Ross and here is their reply:

BE55/58

Landing: $0.00

Security: $10.00

Minimum fuel purchase: 25 gals.

Facility fee: $60 (waived with minimum fuel purchase)

Our 100LL retail full service price $7.98 and we also have a self serve  pump at $5.78.

There are no charges if you park on the adjacent ramp (in front of the main terminal).

14 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

Thanks. I E-Mailed Ross and here is their reply:

BE55/58

Landing: $0.00

Security: $10.00

Minimum fuel purchase: 25 gals.

Facility fee: $60 (waived with minimum fuel purchase)

Our 100LL retail full service price $7.98 and we also have a self serve  pump at $5.78.

There are no charges if you park on the adjacent ramp (in front of the main terminal).

$200 in fuel to waive the $60 fee...what a bargain.  

1 hour ago, KLRDMD said:

So the usual transient parking is still there.

The man gate may still be there, but may have moved a couple times during the construction.   The last time I used it was before the old terminal was fully demolished, so it's probably changed since then.   Don't know whether Ross will let you walk through there, probably, but it's close by.

4 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

Fuel is $5.10 at AVQ so really $17.00 more than I would pay anyway. My only problem is it won't take 25 gallons to get to SDL :rolleyes:

I'm flying Friday too so I can take on 25 gallons at SDL. I'm going to Ross. They were very helpful and I like to support FBOs, especially those that are reasonable. [Ross is $5.78 self serve versus Signature's $7.19 full service only]