Trimcraft Aviation SS Screw Kits

HRM

SkySupplyUSA.com has a ridiculously low price on Trimcraft SS Screw Kits. $42.90 for the 1022 piece MOONEY M20-C STAINLESS SCREW KIT 69,76/AIRFRAME.

A query to them as to what was in the kit garnered this response:

The manufacturer does not give us a breakdown of what is in the kits, they don't want them duplicated.

Regards,

Tammy

Anybody buy one of these kits? Are they fairly complete?

Since I have a one-piece belly, I have not bought any kits. I just measure one of each screw when they are out for annual and order 100 of them from Spruce. Then I added Teflon washers under them [100 ea #8 & #10]. Seems there are only three screws in any quantity on my plane:  the belly screws [48 of them] with countersunk SS washers + 5 smaller ones; wing & tail inspection panels [now with Teflon washers]; and 27 nice big ones on the spinner [with Teflon washers].

The small quantity screws [doghouse, tail joint covers, etc.], I just buy a few whenever I'm going to or ordering from Spruce, LASAR, my A&P, etc.

In bags of 100, they are fairly inexpensive. Except for nut plates--those little buggers are pricey!! I generally get them by the dozen . . . .

Our planes are so old, and each one has a different laundry list of modifications, that at this point it's about impossible to make a generic kit. So I build my own to suit my plane.

I’ve bought screw kits from Spruce for the Mooney airframe.  Application depends on model year and while a good deal on a price per piece I ended up with hundreds of wrong screws in the end.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

I’ve bought screw kits from Spruce for the Mooney airframe.  Application depends on model year and while a good deal on a price per piece I ended up with hundreds of wrong screws in the end.

Clarence

I went ahead and ordered the kit. Too cheap to pass up and a C shares the same body as the E. Trimcraft was adamant about the completeness of their kits (years of experience), I just wondered if anyone here had experience with them.

• Like 1