Looking for Mooney M20 C, E, or F

Pilotja5

Hey Everyone!  My buddy and I are in search of our first Mooney.  Our budget fits an M20 C, E, or F model.  If anyone knows of any good planes out there, feel free to let us know.  We are trying to keep our budget to 60k or below.  We are looking forward to joining the Mooney Pilots out there!  Feel free to let us know of any good ones out there!

Welcome aboard, ja5!

Did you notice the Planes for sale section?

Depending on the hardware you are using to view MS, some things are easier to see the big picture with a larger screen.

Best regards,

-a-

Upon further review...

New MSers don’t have access to some parts of MS...  the TradingPost May take a donation to MS to gain access...  either way the donation is well worth it. :)

4 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard, ja5!

Did you notice the Planes for sale section?

Depending on the hardware you are using to view MS, some things are easier to see the big picture with a larger screen.

Best regards,

-a-

I did Carusoam!  We have reached out to a couple of them and continue to monitor.  I always love the advice of a community.  Looking forward to showing everyone our new plane when we get it!

1 hour ago, Pilotja5 said:

Hey Everyone!  My buddy and I are in search of our first Mooney.  Our budget fits an M20 C, E, or F model.  If anyone knows of any good planes out there, feel free to let us know.  We are trying to keep our budget to 60k or below.  We are looking forward to joining the Mooney Pilots out there!  Feel free to let us know of any good ones out there!

the C, E, and F models these days are so low in price that when you look at avionic upgrades, its literally the same price to upgrade avionics as the plane you just bought. For these models, I'd highly recommend looking for something with an AP, GPS WAAS, and ADS-B. 
Upgrade for AP usually ranges around 15 to 20 K for basic ones
ADSB installs cost somewhere around 5 to 10 K (unless Uvionix or what ever they are win the Lawsuit)
GPS WAAS starts at 10 to 15K installed at the cheapest. 
GPS W/o waas can be found and installed for 4 to 5k, but these days, waas is a big friend.
There are a lot of airports that are starting to only have RNAV approaches, and with waas you get 
LPV minimums which are usually 200AGL, vs LNAV which is 600 AGL

Buy an aircraft that has these items already installed. you'll thank yourself in the long run.

• Like 1

As always, think about the mission.  Got kids, lots of relatives, or frequent pax?  An F is a good idea because of the extended back seat.  You mostly fly by yourself or yourself + 1?  Maybe a C is a better fit.  Why pay for and schlep a big back seat you'll never use?

Lots of folks here will tell you to buy an E, and they're not wrong.  E's are fast, the C's a little less so.  Then again, the OP's price will pay for an E, but it'll get a really nice C with lots of goodies, and possibly some ca$h left over to fix stuff.  E's maybe faster, but you'll arrive 10 minutes sooner on most trips.

That said, I've a friend who claims he wants to sell his very well equipped E for $60K.  If the OP is interested I'd be happy to hook them up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steingar said:

As always, think about the mission.  Got kids, lots of relatives, or frequent pax?  An F is a good idea because of the extended back seat.  You mostly fly by yourself or yourself + 1?  Maybe a C is a better fit.  Why pay for and schlep a big back seat you'll never use?

Lots of folks here will tell you to buy an E, and they're not wrong.  E's are fast, the C's a little less so.  Then again, the OP's price will pay for an E, but it'll get a really nice C with lots of goodies, and possibly some ca$h left over to fix stuff.  E's maybe faster, but you'll arrive 10 minutes sooner on most trips.

That said, I've a friend who claims he wants to sell his very well equipped E for $60K.  If the OP is interested I'd be happy to hook them up.

Thank you for all the advice.  Yes we would be happy to talk to your friend.  Like my friend said on here, we are cash buyers.  Feel free to pm me the information.  Thank you

1 minute ago, Pilotja5 said:

Thank you for all the advice.  Yes we would be happy to talk to your friend.  Like my friend said on here, we are cash buyers.  Feel free to pm me the information.  Thank you

He's not on Mooneyspace, but If you can PM me a phone number I can see what I can arrange.  The aircraft is quite nice, has a nice radio stack including a 430 (don't recall if its WAAS), paint and interior seemed nice to me.  It just got a top overhaul, and right now the interior is out as he's repairing the plastics.  This fellow built himself a prop jet, so I'm not too worried about the repair work.

17 minutes ago, steingar said:

He's not on Mooneyspace, but If you can PM me a phone number I can see what I can arrange.  The aircraft is quite nice, has a nice radio stack including a 430 (don't recall if its WAAS), paint and interior seemed nice to me.  It just got a top overhaul, and right now the interior is out as he's repairing the plastics.  This fellow built himself a prop jet, so I'm not too worried about the repair work.

I did PM you.  Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Thank you Jim!  I appreciate that.  Do you know which one it is?

I would call Mooney directly and ask which MSCs they have. There was a request by Mooney for MSCs to raise their insurance liabilities to $3M and a few MSCs elected to drop out. There were others who did comply but the Mooney MSC listing on their website didn’t show them. They are correcting it. To be sure call them directly and ask.

https://www.mooney.com/service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro