B11 B805 Accu TrakII on Ebay

I would think this would go pretty quickly.  There are a lot of vintage Mooney owners that have the PC that are looking for more capability.  I know an A model owner that if he was not selling his airplane would probably jump at this.  He only has the heading hold on his Brittain Autopilot and was on a waiting list with Brittain forever for an upgrade to the Accutrak until they went out of business.

1 hour ago, Captnmack said:

Half the price of the potential price of a new NON vacuum AP...

Agree.  That price point is a non-starter...for reasons stated.  Who would install Brittain now with no support?  Why would you install when Tru Trac auto pilot STC is an eventuality on the near horizon?

5 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

Agree.  That price point is a non-starter...for reasons stated.  Who would install Brittain now with no support?  Why would you install when Tru Trac auto pilot STC is an eventuality on the near horizon?

Having just installed an Accutrak II with STC provided by Brittain in February of this year, I resemble that remark.   Perhaps the last STC installed Accutrak II ever.  The one for sale on ebay wouldn't be legal to install with just yellow tags AFAIK.

15 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

Having just installed an Accutrak II with STC provided by Brittain in February of this year, I resemble that remark.   Perhaps the last STC installed Accutrak II ever.  The one for sale on ebay wouldn't be legal to install with just yellow tags AFAIK.

Brittain hasn't closed the doors completely... I read they still will give support as much as possible... Maybe an STC is still gettable?

16 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

Did you pay even close to the asking price?  I bought the unit and a nav head from a guy that had gupped his Mooney and it was pulled shortly after install.  My A&P did install.  All in I was about a grand Maybe less as it has been a few years...

I would do again as I did all for a shoestring compared to current “ask” on stuff.  In my opinion they should be basement prices with new autopilots coming out vs. where “this guy” is.  Again my opinion is worth zero so if this seller thinks that is a “fair” price and a buyer is out there.  GOOD FOR THEM...

Would I do now?  NOPE.

In February of 2017.  Maybe if price was right...

I paid less than half what the current Ebay seller is asking for the hardware from a fellow MS'er (thanks!).  When Brittain was having their "going out of business sale" I bought some replacement servo diaphragms and mentioned to Cecilia that I wanted to install the B11.   She volunteered the STC paperwork!   Awesome customer service. 

The instrument shop that did the install had difficulty obtaining a female connector for the signal cable.  They wound up replacing it with a sub-D connector and filing a 337 on the mod.  It works like a charm as my straight-as-a-great-circle flightaware ground tracks attest!   Man we love the thing.  We've named it Jerry.

@MIR2018 Maybe the STC is still gettable if Cecilia is still in contact as Brittain Ind.  Dunno.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

@MIR2018 Maybe the STC is still gettable if Cecilia is still in contact as Brittain Ind.  Dunno.

Yep after I posted that response I sent them an email.  Cecelia responded that she still has access to the paperwork for the STC and would work with me if I was interested in installing a used system... I also contacted the seller on eBay.   I said. “STC?”  He responded “Yes.”  You think that means the sale comes with the STC?  I thought those.were for a specific aircraft and not transferable...  Am I wrong?

Only the manufacturer can approve installation of a particular piece of equipment in a particular model of aircraft, and surprisingly this permission is given on a per-airplane basis.   There is no such thing as a blanket STC approval.   That is how manufacturers can control who does installations.  Garmin is very good at insisting that only authorized dealers install their equipment or you won't get the STC.   Cecilia wrote me an STC  for the installation of the B11 in my a/c that is in my files and will be important to show up at the next PPI.

Glad to hear that Cecilia is still willing to provide approvals for new installations.  Man, what customer service!

IMHO the price that is being requested on Ebay is really high given that the future of the manufacturer is really uncertain, plus- low cost MEMS based autopilots are coming (maybe).

• Like 1

I’m gonna check with the MSC and see what the install would cost... mine is a 65 C so it might make sense in some regard.   But I’m not paying that near much.   If the install isn’t ridiculous, maybe I’ll  “make an offer” and see how much he really wants to sell it.   I’m pretty sure it’ll be around in a week or so,  if not C'est la vie!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, MIR2018 said:

Yep after I posted that response I sent them an email.  Cecelia responded that she still has access to the paperwork for the STC and would work with me if I was interested in installing a used system... I also contacted the seller on eBay.   I said. “STC?”  He responded “Yes.”  You think that means the sale comes with the STC?  I thought those.were for a specific aircraft and not transferable...  Am I wrong?

The stc is for a m20e. Cecilia created the stc. There is a long list of planes this will go in. Cecilia has been very helpful to me and I am sure she will continue. Oddly enough all of the offers have been from germany and other European countries. I anticipate it will sell soon. Is 2900 too much for one that was just inspected at the factory? The market will determine that. A starter solenoid on my Cessna twin rings up at 1600. You spend your money on what’s important to you. If you don’t need something don’t buy it. 

Edited by MooneyPTG

I agree... for me, like I said, it might make sense at the right price, being the factory is closed.  But 2900 for me, for just single axis, is not.  I think you will sell it and probably to someone overseas.   I sincerely wish you luck and success in doing so...

• 3 months later...