Brittain Altitude Hold Adjustment

So sheer laziness has resulted in a long delay in doing the adjustment on our Brittain Altitude Hold.  We (wife Kelly and I)flew up to MKE for a Brewer game and “guessed” that the plane was “trimmed” with pitch pull about 500’ up from a down nose with pull of pitch on altitude hold.  I was informed that a full 360 turn was 100’ so did 5 clockwise turns on the adjustment box.

When we flew just the opposite occurred.  Big upward nose move with pitch pull that required abut the same nose down trim (and an unequal sight gage on panel).  

So, before next flight I will do three counter-clockwise turns of the pitch adjustment and see where we are with a pull of the pitch.  It seems like a 360 turn did WAY more than 100’...YMMV.

Our plane flies at about 135-145 knots with 10GPH fuel flow.  I have to burn an extra gallon (7500-8500’) to get book values for speed.  (Three blade prop/cowl closure/201 windshield/brake rotation) 2550RPM.  My exhaust spread was within 1-3 degrees across the cylinders for temp.  (I know temps don’t mean squat, but liked this close spread as “neat” to see exhaust bars looking consistent)  Hottest cylinder was 368 (always 50 degrees warmer on #2 than other three). Others chilling at just over 3 bills.

My wife has a new hobby: Being concerned about other traffic now that it paints on her I-pad.  “Honey, that plane is 4000’ below us...If we dove at 500FPM it would take us 8 minutes to hit ‘em”...”O.K. But our paths are going to cross.”  Me-“keep me posted”. :)

Weird deal on talking with tower at Mitchell.  I am on final to 7 R and coming down from 3k ft and she tells me to break off 70 degrees to right because a Cessna is loitering?  Really?  Thought this was weird in her airspace.  Anyway landing was uneventful except I was “high” so didn’t even make first stripe...After not flying for a few weeks there is always some “weird” thing that happens to make flight interesting.  Right?