Hurricane Flo - Recovery

Yetti

Those of us not on facebook need not apply . . . . .

My MIL is in Fayetteville, lots of friends along the state line, 2 hour drive from Myrtle Beach; water is several feet deep there now, and the rivers will rise for several more days.

Ah, there's this:  https://www.operation-airdrop.com/

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danb said:

Agreed Hank many of us declined to join most social media sites such as Facebook twitter Snapchat etc. for various reasons. 

Never been on Fbook.

But went to Airdrop's website, signed up, received the auto-welcome message. Followed a link in it to let them know that I need non-facebook ingo and received a personal reply at 10pm CDT!

Color me impressed. They're disbursing from RDU, I just don't know where to yet. But I'm ready to go. Should be able to make two trips, RDU to somewhere, and get home in one day. Solo and half tanks leaves 620lb cargo each trip, more if I remove the right front seat.

• Like 4

Who said our Mooneys couldn’t hold some stuff, it was great to see 3 other Mooneys at the OAD yesterday many other planes were taking 3-400 lbs, I calculated 550 but could only fit 417 lbs on this run, limited by 120 lbs in back and small entry doors.

Awesome the amount of goods and services donated, still need your help. I flew 290 miles to RDU We have lots of Mooneys within a 300 mile circle.

ACABA8B5-6847-4CF0-B61C-149DF67C4E94.jpeg

D2D0E3A6-A06A-4EC6-9AC1-E877EA2BFDED.jpeg

E7079A81-89FB-4382-AB2A-EFB2E7064616.jpeg

8357C590-AF01-4A91-9BE0-6B60705772A4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Danb said:

Hey Hank are you going back down I plan on Saturday

It'd be fun, but it's 3 hours each way getting there. Haven't had a 9-hour day in the cockpit before . . . .

I saw some other Mooneys, including a nice blue and white C (3638-something?). Just like traveling with my wife, I ran out of space well before hitting my weight limit (with half tanks, I can carry 600 lbs).

1 hour ago, teejayevans said:

While I can see the symbolism of support, a single tractor trailer can carry what, a 1000 Mooney loads?

Many roads in SE NC are still flooded. At least one dam broke this week, near Pembroke. In two trips, i carried about a pickup load. They were very excited about the 32 lb box of batteries (a medium box cut down to about 6" tall)--said the Fire Dept. really needed them. It just fit standing on end, up against the wall in the baggage area.

• Like 1