1988 AOPA Pilot

ragedracer1977

As someone who is a member of AOPA I look forward to my monthly copy of Pilot magazine however as I read each issue it almost seems as though they go out of their way to avoid any thing Mooney. Other than the paid add for the new Acclaim and of course the story on the Ultra which they really had to do it seems that there are no stories or photos that show or mention our beloved Mooney's.

16 minutes ago, Southernpilot said:

Are any still flying with original engines?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought Porsche got out of CD the market, forcing engine exchanges. This is where the tiny Useful Loads came from. Weren't many L models wiped out by a hurricane waiting on engine exchange? Punta Gorda, FL??

19 hours ago, bonal said:

As someone who is a member of AOPA I look forward to my monthly copy of Pilot magazine however as I read each issue it almost seems as though they go out of their way to avoid any thing Mooney. Other than the paid add for the new Acclaim and of course the story on the Ultra which they really had to do it seems that there are no stories or photos that show or mention our beloved Mooney's.

I used to count and report around here, the Mooney Sightings in AOPA’s monthly publication...   For a while there were very few...

Things improved as we had two prominent MSers that were writing some significant articles for AOPA....

MS has some talented Aviation book and article writers.... One MSer went on to work at AOPA for a while...

I think I remember AOPA having an annual art contest... hmmmmmmm..... Mooney art... or Mooney, Art...  Sounds familiar?

we need to find out about the AOPA art contest.  See if that is still around... I know a new and upcoming Mooney artist that may have a great entry for the contest!   :)

Best regards,

-a-