AND THE WINNER IS

bonal

Lucas C with his picture of his C parked in front of the rocky desert background.  I chose this because I was really excited about the challenges of painting the very low angle of the sun and how the light played on the subject.  Believe me it was not an easy choice as there were so many that I really wanted to do. 

Thank you all for your entries.

image.jpeg

• Like 25

There will be a lucky winner of the silent auction Bonal commissioned painting this year at the Mooney Summit VI! Thanks for your kind donation and for supporting the Mooney community and our charity, Bonal! Your kindness is noted by our community and we applaud your generosity!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the very kind words. I sent a PM to LucasC but I don't think he has been visiting MS so still doesn't know he has won. 

And as MIke Elliott has mentioned there will be a silent auction for another original at the Mooney summit for a very worthy cause.

John

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed some relaxing time with their families. I was high bidder at this year’s Summit for the original art work donated by @bonal and am absolutely delighted with the painting. I would like to thank John for donating his talent to the Mooney Summit as well as those of you who support the event. If you have not been, I would highly recommend attending next year and will guarantee you will come away a better, safer pilot.

John was a pleasure to work with. He truly enjoys painting and loves Mooneys, who better to commission for a painting of your Mooney?After sending some photos to John, we discussed my flying experiences and settled on a background  of the Great Smoky Mountains (Clingman’s Dome) since that is the most visually dramatic portion of my frequent trips from Ocala to Dayton. John kept me posted via email on the progress and even had the painting framed before sending it. He is a class act!  I have my original of 88V hanging over my desk in my home office and have received many compliments. Thank you John. 

041C3CAF-4C8A-47E4-8E2B-A7123A5BD8E8.jpeg

D69717C9-33DA-455C-A79E-CEB46968ADD0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just a note to thank Steve for his participation in such a worthy cause and was a real fun challenge. Most images available of the Smoky mountains are taken from ground level so really tasked me to make it look correct for the aerial view. I was happy with how it turned out.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/23/2018 at 8:57 PM, Eight8Victor said:

Hello all, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed some relaxing time with their families. I was high bidder at this year’s Summit for the original art work donated by @bonal and am absolutely delighted with the painting. I would like to thank John for donating his talent to the Mooney Summit as well as those of you who support the event. If you have not been, I would highly recommend attending next year and will guarantee you will come away a better, safer pilot.

John was a pleasure to work with. He truly enjoys painting and loves Mooneys, who better to commission for a painting of your Mooney?After sending some photos to John, we discussed my flying experiences and settled on a background  of the Great Smoky Mountains (Clingman’s Dome) since that is the most visually dramatic portion of my frequent trips from Ocala to Dayton. John kept me posted via email on the progress and even had the painting framed before sending it. He is a class act!  I have my original of 88V hanging over my desk in my home office and have received many compliments. Thank you John. 

041C3CAF-4C8A-47E4-8E2B-A7123A5BD8E8.jpeg

D69717C9-33DA-455C-A79E-CEB46968ADD0.jpeg

We almost have twins....

image.thumb.png.2c409ba37db0b71d6d5682b24a5adbc5.png

• Like 1