Frugal Mooney Owners Rejoice!

Natpilot

FRUGAL MOONEY OWNERS, REJOICE!!    I recently took a trip to Willmar, Minnesota, to have a fuel tank resealed. I was very well treated there, and I have nothing but praise for all who I encountered.  The interior of my 1968 M20C was in bad need of some TLC, but I’ve been told it will cost at least $10,000 to have it redone. Uh…, no thanks.  But I met Bruce Jaeger of Jaeger Aviation, www.jaegeraviation.com , and he is pretty amazing! He showed me techniques to refurbish my interior without breaking the bank. I watched Bruce work on the interiors of a couple of Mooneys and the results were great while saving the owners thousands! He really knows his stuff, and Bruce was happy to pass along what he knows.  If your Mooney’s interior has seen much better days, but you can’t allow yourself to spend half your plane’s value on a redo, then I highly recommend that you get in touch with Bruce Jaeger.

My apologies. I tried to copy and paste, but it did not seem to work, and my wife was not around to show me how to make it work! Ha! Ha! I don't spend a lot of time in forums, but I'll do better next time. I just wanted to pass along that I had a good experience in Willmar, MN and that folks have an opportunity to upgrade their interiors without spending a fortune.  I went there only to have my left wing tank resealed with Weep No More. That process was not cheap, but I did a lot of research and decided to make the trip from Alabama to Minnesota in order to get it fixed right rather than having to have it redone in a couple of years. I was very impressed with Paul Beck's work, and I feel confident that my left tank is sealed for life! I didn't go there planning to work on my interior, but after seeing Bruce's work and learning how cost effective his techniques are, I changed my mind. My interior is a work in progress, but so far I have spent about $500 on materials and my interior is already greatly improved. $500 is a lot of money to me (I'm cheap), but the education I received was worth that alone and ultimately I expect to have only a small fraction of what most folks have to pay for a restored interior.

7 minutes ago, ShuRugal said:

PDFs can carry similar attacks - malware injection by PDF is one of the more common attack vectors.

Nothing is safe these days. Everytime I go to a software security seminar, I’m amazed by what people have come up with. 

Not to mention that our government spends vast resources to find new hacks to spy and affect the computers in other countries. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black....

5 hours ago, rbridges said:

You do see the irony of someone flying an Ovation talking about membership in the CB club, don't you?  :D

At least he upgraded from his C when prices were low . . . I bought my C not long before they fell . . . .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rbridges said:

You do see the irony of someone flying an Ovation talking about membership in the CB club, don't you?  :D

It may seem slightly ironic, but perfectly understandable. We are CBs in order to hang onto enough money to afford the things that really matter. 

• Like 3

Being a CB... earned me an M20C.

Staying a CB... prepared me for the O.

What really matters...During those times... Daycare lead into college years ... looking forward to graduation in the years ahead...

The outlook for me includes a few more years, celebrating the various phases of the CB life...

The keys to making (one) flying life work....  Family, friends, CB economics, good insurance, and compounding interest.... it’s all a lot of continuous work... 18 years since the M20C got its PPI.... :)

Get a good partner, the path can be very long... your partner needs to share similar, yet different, CB qualities...

Enjoy,

-a-

• Like 1

Welcome to the CB club!  
Luckily a membership spot recently opened when the (former) member said that $14k was "pretty reasonable". 

So who is the “Dave Ramsey” of Mooneyspace? You or CarusoAM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

There is a scale of relativity to the CB club.  You can be a CB and drive a brand new Acclaim Ultra, it’s rare, but quite possible.  I don’t want to go into specifics but everything from wealth, income, assets, liabilities, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, kids, other toys, mental accumen, character, possessing mechanical skills, down to earth quotient, Meyers Briggs personality tests, all play a part in the dynamic formula that qualify one as a CB. Only members of MENSA can truly have the mental capacity to understand the formula that concludes an accurate judgement as to whether or not someone qualifies as a true CB or not.  I’ve seen the formula by the way and wow. You think multi variable calculus or quantum physics/mechanics are difficult.  Try the CB formula. I gave up on the formula! Maybe that in and of itself makes me a CB.