EI Engine monitors?

FloridaMan

4 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Is from first hand experience or from internet threads?

I’m glad you had good experiences dealing with JPI. I’ve had both good and really poor dealings with them. I talked with the owner at length about these CS issues summer 2017 and he admitted they were aware of the individuals and taking firm actions to fix the problem. 

In my case JPI sent the wrong unit with the wrong sensors (900 setup for a bonanza) and I was treated like I stole the unit multiple times in the phone.  However, I found one person in technical support that was very helpful (can’t remember his name right now). 

I think both companies could learn from each other.
JPI could put more screen pages with more info on their 900 & 930.
EI could bring their graphic interface into the 21st Century. Although the MVP50 has a lot of nice features, the interface looks like a 386 PC from the early 90's running MS-DOS. The JPI interface definitely looks a lot more modern in panels with Aspens or Garmin glass. And yes with better screen resolution they could make a smaller MVP 30 or 40 for smaller panels.

This^^^
Only reason I want to go with a 930

I had a UBG-16 in my 231, chosen because the CS Guy was so nice. Had nothing but trouble with it, one broken wire after another. Maybe too much vibration?  Replaced it with a JPI 730 then upgraded to 830, never had any more trouble. Still happy with JPI in the current airplane. UBG-16 with wiring harness, but no probes, for sale cheap. Factory yellow tagged. Make offer.

The few times I have called EI they have been very helpful. One time I bought an older analyzer off E-bay and needed the wiring harness , normal retail price would have been cost prohibitive as I could buy a new unit. EI made me a very fair deal that I took them up on. One time I had sent them back a fuel flow transducer that had failed (out of warranty) they deamed it defective and sent me a new one at no charge.

Your mileage may very, but I am a happy customer of EI.

Neal

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:57 PM, LANCECASPER said:

I think both companies could learn from each other.

JPI could put more screen pages with more info on their 900 & 930.

EI could bring their graphic interface into the 21st Century. Although the MVP50 has a lot of nice features, the interface looks like a 386 PC from the early 90's running MS-DOS. The JPI interface definitely looks a lot more modern in panels with Aspens or Garmin glass. And yes with better screen resolution they could make a smaller MVP 30 or 40 for smaller panels.

It appears some of our friends are not aware of the new MVP-50 display.  Roughly two years ago, it was updated to a much higher resolution, SVGA screen.  It now appears very similar to our CGR-30P.  I've attached a pic if you'd like to have a look.

mvp-50-svga.JPG

Edited by oregon87
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, oregon87 said:

It appears some of our friends are not aware of the new MVP-50 display.  Roughly two years ago, it was updated to a much higher resolution, SVGA screen.  It now appears very similar to our CGR-30P.  I've attached a pic if you'd like to have a look.

mvp-50-svga.JPG

Very nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oregon87 said:

Boy, those carets on the linear scales are pretty wimpy.  They need to be much bolder and obvious.

1 hour ago, oregon87 said:

mvp-50-svga.JPG

Thanks for the information, Dave.   After saying once again that I'm done upgrading the upgrade of the upgrade of my panel, I sending my unit in for the new display upgrade.  So now I'll have an upgrade to the upgrade to the upgrade.:)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, donkaye said:

Thanks for the information, Dave.   After saying once again that I'm done upgrading the upgrade of the upgrade of my panel, I sending my unit in for the new display upgrade.  So now I'll have an upgrade to the upgrade to the upgrade.:)

You're not going to want to hear about the new MVP upgrade we have planned... J/K!  ;)  If I can help any further, please let me know.

7 hours ago, oregon87 said:

mvp-50-svga.JPG

What is the cost to upgrade? I have one of the older MVP-50s

Brian

10 minutes ago, orionflt said:

What is the cost to upgrade? I have one of the older MVP-50s

Brian

$1495.00.  That basically gets you a brand new display and one-year warranty.  The retail price on a new display is $4550.00.  If you've got a radial engine, we now have a digital depiction for those, as well.  :)  You'll have to forgive the COM errors as I did not have time to set up an emulation. 

radial.jpg

6 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Boy, those carets on the linear scales are pretty wimpy.  They need to be much bolder and obvious.

I've flown behind one of these four years now.  I look at the value and the color.  I never look at the carets