Mooney Round-up Conference and Workshop

Jan Maxwell

UPDATE:  Confirmed Presenters and Exhibitors
October 10-14, 2018 – Longview, Texas (KGGG)

Online Registration:  Mooney Round-UP Conference Registration (click link)

SPEAKERS/PRESENTATIONS:

• Mooney International Corporation, Management and Sales will be opening Conference, addressing what’s new on the horizon for Mooney International, with emphasis on support to owners of all Mooneys flying

• (NEWEST PRESENTATION 9/10/18)  ForeFlight – Speakers still be determined

• Zeftronics, Femi Ibitayo, - Aerospace/Defense, Manufacturing, Design and Service of Aircraft Parts – Voltage Regulators for Mooneys (What’s new on the horizon)

• Premier Aircraft Sales (Southeast Region), Lee Drumheller, Sales Manager

• (Pending) AmSafe introducing their new program SOARS which was approved and certified at AirVenture (not sure at this time which one will be presenting)

• Dr. Charles Crinnian, CEO/CMO/Chief Pilot at Frontier Aerospace Medicine, FAA Sr. Aviation Medical Examiner; and, new President of Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh Safety and Educational Foundation

• Jolie Lucas, AOPA writer, Vice President of California Pilots Association, co-creator of Mooney Girls and Right Seat Ready! ©  .  Jolie is an aviation educator and writer (AOPA).

• Bob Kromer, Sr. VP, Sales/Marketing/Customer Support, Blackhawk Modifications, Inc.; VP Marketing, SimCom Training Centers; VP Sales/Marketing, Piper Aircraft; Chief Engineering Flight Test Pi8ulot and Flight Test Engineer for Mooney Aircraft Company, Cessna Aircraft Company, and Sino-Swearingen Aircraft Company.

• Kurt White, Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), SkyWest Airlines, First Officer and FTD/CTP Instructor; and Mooney owner

• Andrew Stagg is the EFB Program Manager and a First Officer flying the Embraer 145 at Envoy Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. Prior to joining the airline, Andrew was in the software industry for 10 years and his employers included Google, Amazon and FlightAware. Andrew has been a Mooney owner for over 8 years.

• Mike Miles, Chief Pilot and Mooney Test Pilot, Mooney International Corp.

• Kelly Aerospace, will have a plane here and introducing their new a/c retrofit for air conditioning

• Kenneth Bowersox, U.S. Naval Aviator (Ret.), Former NASA Astronaut and Shuttle Pilot, and General Aviation Mooney Rocket owner.  Bowersox served as the Interim Chair of the NASA Advisory Council from June 2016 to January 2017. He is a retired U.S. Naval Aviator, with over 19 years of experience at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

Workshops (Friday):

o             MooneyMAX Maintenance Workshop, presented by Don and Paul Maxwell, and staff, Maxwell Aviation Services, Inc., factory authorized Mooney Service Center 

o             Right Seat Ready©:  Presented by Jolie Lucas and Jan Maxwell, founders.  (Aviation Safety Education for non-pilots);

o             Mooney Caravan

o             Foreflight

EXHIBITORS: 

AeroSmith Aircraft Paint,

AmSafe

Continental

Falcon Insurance

ForeFlight

Houston Tank Service

Kelly Aerospace

Lake Aero Styling and Repair, California, MSC

Loewen’s Mooney Salvage

Mooney Girls/Right Seat Ready©

Mooney International

NuLite

Old Republic Insurance

Premier Aircraft Sales

Smooth Power, LLC – ElectroAir,  Electronic Ignition system

Zeftronics, Aerospace/Defense, Manufacturing, Design and Service of Aircraft Parts

Edited by J.Maxwell.MSC
  • Like 3

MooneyMAX Round-up 
Educational Conference & Workshops

Daily Schedule
October 10-14, 2018 

Hilton Garden Inn - 905 East Hawkins Parkway - Longview, Texas

Wednesday, Oct. 10
12:00 - 6:00    Arrival and check-in
  6:00 - 7:30    Welcome Reception - hors d'oeuvre, beer, wine, soft drinks

Thursday, Oct 11

8:00 - 6:00    Presenters/Exhibitors – Hilton Garden Inn, Longview, Texas (lunch provided)
Dinner - On your own

Friday, October 12 – ALL WORKSHOPS 

8:00 - 5:00    MooneyMAX Maintenance – ET Regional Airport, KGGG – DMA (lunch provided)
8:00 - 5:00    Right Seat Ready© - Hilton Garden Inn – Longview, Texas (lunch provided)
9:00 - 5:00    Mooney Caravan (lunch provided) 
8:00 - 5:00    Exhibitors open at Hilton Garden Inn, Longview TX (lunch provided)
Dinner - On your own

Saturday, Oct 13 
9:00 – 10:00    Transportation departs hotel to Mt. Pleasant, museum tour and lunch
10:00 - 3:00    Mid America Flight Museum is based in Mt. Pleasant Texas (KOSA). 

This museum differentiates itself from many other museums in that the great majority of the airplanes in the museum fly on a regular bases, and that ongoing             projects are being restored to fly!     http://www.historicalairtours.com

3:00 - 4:00     Depart and return to hotel
5:45 – 6:15   Transportation departing hotel for Cherokee Club - Reception and Banquet
6:15 - 7:00    Reception - Cocktails
7:00 - 7:45    Dinner
7:45 - 9:00    Key Note Speaker:  Ken Bowersox U.S. Naval Aviator (Ret.), Former NASA Astronaut and             Shuttle Pilot; Mooney Rocket owner
9:30 -             Transportation to hotel

Sunday, Oct. 14

7:00 – 1:00    Transportation to airport for Departure

Edited by J.Maxwell.MSC

1 hour ago, Mooney in Oz said:

Sometimes I just wish I wasn’t on the other side of the world. :(

But....., you fly a Mooney!  Just gas it up and,.....   Do you have an autopilot?....  Your Mooney has been in Texas before you know.:)

Seriously though, wish you could be here.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

Your Mooney has been in Texas before you know.:)

So was I, 9 years ago at a MAPA Homecoming and I just loved Texas. Nice people, places and landscape wise, it is not too different from here. I could even live there.

If work didn’t get in the way I would’ve been there for the Summit and probably stayed for this if time permitted me to do so.

AmSafe - SOARS - State of the Art Airbag Restraint System

Airbag seat belt technology just opened wide for retrofit installation on older Mooneys. The FAA granted AmSafe’s State of the Art Restraint System (SOARS) supplemental type certificate approval July 12 with an approved model list of 541 models. SOARS is available in two- and three-point harnesses for Part 23 aircraft (excluding Part 23.562 aircraft).

AmSafe will be at the MooneyMAX Mooney Educational Conference and Workshops, October 10-14, 2018

AND Reasonably priced for everyone! 

Soars_site_2 (1).jpg

Soars_site_1.jpg

Soars_site_3.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 7:53 PM, carusoam said:

See if Jan can share more of the Amsafe details regarding Mooney installations...

Best regards,

-a-

Amsafe estimates installs will be 4-6 hours. The price $2580 includes both front seat belts with shoulder belts. The sensor has a self test mode and does not need the amsafe test tool for install. The wires are one length only limiting where the sensor can be installed to under the left or right seat. I would suggest installing with nutplates in the floor for easy removal in the future.  I asked the rep to join mooneyspace and introduce himself and he said he would. He did say they have a Facebook page and can also answer questions there.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

@aviatoreb Erik, your ship has arrived...

Is this what your were looking for?  :)

Best regards,

-a-

It is!  I have been waiting for YEARS for this.

In fact I already ordered this AMSAFE gear as of 1 month ago and I sent a "do you have a tracking number" email on Friday since I was hoping to see it already by now....

So hopefully to be installed this month!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Those of us that have had a few body parts rearranged because of not having airbag belts realize the value of getting them, Right @DanM20C ? Look at it this way, an ambulance ride will be billed at about 2900 alone.

...on this topic of the cost of ambulance rides.

Being in a rural area where there is a region hospital but not as well equipped as a real big city medical center, there is a need for a medical lift service that transfers severe cases to the city, whether they are a surgery gone bad in the local hospital or a several critical case of some accident locally.  And so forth.  I am not fully up to speed with what goes into making that call as to when an airlift is needed.  But I know the airlift folks since they are also at my airport, KPTD, and they operate a pilatus configured as an air ambulance and they fly with 2 pilots and 2 air nurses and they staff 24-7 at the airport ready to go in minutes.  So they need those personal in multiples to keep the staffing at that level as they are like fireman on shift living at the airport for a couple of days on shift.  Right across from my airport.  That is one airplane I never want a ride on.  Knock on wood,  In any case there is a lot in the local press lately about how that airplane ride costs $50k and it is bankrupting people.  Not making a political statement but just saying that this is a difficult situation when life saving transportation is leaving families bankrupt.  Seems like they are flying on average about 100-150 missions a year. 

$2900 for a seatbelt system is small fry compared to the costs of medical anything.

Edited by aviatoreb

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Those of us that have had a few body parts rearranged because of not having airbag belts realize the value of getting them, Right @DanM20C ? Look at it this way, an ambulance ride will be billed at about 2900 alone.

$2900 is a small insurance premium.  It would have saved me $25k in dental bills, not to mention all the hastle.  I drive 1hr each way to the Mayo Clinic, I can’t tell you the number of trips I have made. Lots more to come too.  And I had minor injuries.  There are probably lots of folks who aren’t with us today that would be if they had amsafes.

cheers,

Dan

• Like 2