New Rocket Owner

Cody Stallings

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 2:16 AM, carusoam said:

They make a special diving board for that, Cody.

Somebody posted the drawings around here a while back.

A parallelogram with additional details...

Best regards,

-a-

I drew it up into a PDF from measurements other rocket owners sent me. I made the PDF so you can print it out, cut the excess paper, tape them together, and use it as a stencil. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cody,

Do you have Concordes back there or the other brand...?

Good newses...

With one brand, it will be years before you will need the board...

With the other brand, you get to use the board at least once in the next year or so...

PP thoughts only... I have not replaced any Concorde batteries yet... about a dozen of the other brand... :)

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Cody,

Do you have Concordes back there or the other brand...?

Good newses...

With one brand, it will be years before you will need the board...

With the other brand, you get to use the board at least once in the next year or so...

PP thoughts only... I have not replaced any Concorde batteries yet... about a dozen of the other brand... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Fortunately it has a couple Concords Stashed back in the tail.

If it didn’t, there would be a couple on order.

I had a Love/Hate Relationship with Brand G when I still had my F Model.

I loved it when the New one showed up.

played that game 3 times then moved to the sealed Concords!!

Im a believer now.

• Like 2

My Rocket's logbooks have the Concorde batteries getting replaced every couple years in them. The ones that were installed back in December physically split open and had to be replaced. I'm not sure if it was a bad batch with venting issues or what. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Antares said:

My Rocket's logbooks have the Concorde batteries getting replaced every couple years in them. The ones that were installed back in December physically split open and had to be replaced. I'm not sure if it was a bad batch with venting issues or what. 

Makes me wonder if something is draining the battery, malfunctioning charging circuit? 

On 10/7/2018 at 6:45 PM, MIm20c said:

Makes me wonder if something is draining the battery, malfunctioning charging circuit? 

Well, it all got replaced and set by the book. Alternator, regulator, and batteries. 

One thing that I'm not sure of is whether the batteries have separate master relays. The issue there is that an imbalance between the batteries could cause them to discharge each other while sitting. 

46 minutes ago, Antares said:

Well, it all got replaced and set by the book. Alternator, regulator, and batteries. 

One thing that I'm not sure of is whether the batteries have separate master relays. The issue there is that an imbalance between the batteries could cause them to discharge each other while sitting. 

Off memory a bravo owner reported a malfunctioning 2nd battery charging circuit. I can’t remember if it failed to charge or actually drained the battery.