Redline Sidewinder Airplane Tug For Sale

JeffM

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

I have a Redline Sidewinder airplane tug for sale on ebay which I used on a Mooney.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273454764917

Thanks

Are you offering it for sale here? If so I would be interested. I would also be interested in how much you want to sell it for?  I'm not much interested in purchasing through ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

They are hard to find used so I finally gave up and purchased a new one...works like a charm.  

However I did have a problem initially, the angle of the arm would not allow connecting to the nose wheel without hitting the spinner, actually it would not connect and clear the spinner at all.  When I called Redline I was told the arm is adjustable, "just loosen the clamp and slide it up or down", he said.  I am not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination but when I compared my unit to my hangar neighbor (also a Mooney driver), it appeared the connecting bracket was installed backwards.

I called Redline back a second time and provided pictures of the two sidewinders side by side and pointed out what appeared to be the issue.  He told me I had a newer model and they had changed the design, hence the difference between the two.  I tried to explain my version had a bushing under the bracket and if I adjusted more than 1/2" either way, the bracket would not tighten...the gap was too large.  (the bushing itself is bonded and not adjustable)

My sidewinder is on the left, note the bushing under the bracket compared to my friends on the right with no bushing and note the brackets are installed opposite of each other.  I disassemble the sidewinder, flipped the bracket around and it fit and functioned perfectly. 

IMG_5699.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like they changed one of the parts, but mis-assembled it too...

You might help the redline people by sending this thread their way.

They are a pretty nice group to work with.  I needed help with a tow bar and got specific instructions to go with that...

yeah... I needed help with a tow bar...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 month later...