M20E - ADS-B / Panel Modifications

bill98

41 minutes ago, bill98 said:

If I got the Lynx or 345,  does anyone think I should move the location towards the center?

Also -

Anyone know how to light up the Fuel QTY gauges from behind or directly above?

Since the Lynx has a display having it in the center would be better, but not completely necessary. If the switches above the audio panel coved be moved . .  maybe

22 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Since the Lynx has a display having it in the center would be better, but not completely necessary. If the switches above the audio panel coved be moved . .  maybe

Know anything regarding having the Fuel gauges light up on the panel? I have zero idea of it is possible. 

22 minutes ago, bill98 said:

Know anything regarding having the Fuel gauges light up on the panel? I have zero idea of it is possible. 

For night/every flight I really don’t use the fuel gauges all that often (cross check vs first place to look). Instead the JPI fuel used is carefully observed (i note the remaining amount every time I switch tanks) which allows me to know fuel remaining in tank to the half gallon.  I have the 231 gauges in my plane so I’m not sure about lighting. 

37 minutes ago, bill98 said:

You could install post lights, similar to instrument lights your Mooney had  on plastic overlay you have it removed.

well, at least my '67 has 3 lights above instrument cluster on plastic overlay...

If I got the Lynx or 345,  does anyone think I should move the location towards the center?

Also -
Anyone know how to light up the Fuel QTY gauges from behind or directly above?

I think if you moved the stuff above the audio panel to other locations, you would be able to move the audio panel up and slide a Lynx in.

I have an F but I think it should fit. I would just check the depth of the audio panel.

44d0953ba931865c5932f52ea49c99ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1