N9153Z 1996 Loaded TLS Bravo

DVA

This is my personal aircraft at Van Allen Airmotive. Meticulously maintained 1550 airframe and 500 prop/eng hours. Full Garmin 750/500/430w with the most recent software, blue tooth, voice command, integrated audio, GTS800 active TAS, ADSB in and out, Garmin AoA, Flightstream 210, XM Wx/Music, LED nav/strobes/boom beam, JPI, O2, FIKI.

I think I can safely say this is the most up to date and best equipped Bravo out there. There is nothing else you need to make this plane perfect. It has it all because I’m crazy. This is not a starter mooney, I won’t even consider selling this to anyone who hasn’t had a lot of mooney or other high performance aircraft experience. Please pm me or dva@me.com for more and pics. I am letting my friends at Mooneyspace have a first crack before I list it. $260k Why do I want to sell it? I’m buying a twin, and if I could I wouldn’t sell it, it is by far my favorite plane in 35 years of flying everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I bought N9153Z, which was Mooney's factory demonstrator, in September 1996.

image.png.98f70da262aa514b47034ee4037bdf85.png

Bing Lantis, who was the President of Mooney at the time flew it the first 200 hours back and forth from Texas to California. I put the next 400+ hours on it. When Mooney test pilot Mike Miles checked me out in it in 1996 and he said it was the fastest Bravo he had test flown, I tended to think that was just because the sales department told him to say something nice. But it was fast. This airplane (serial number 209) came off of the assembly line with a TIO-540-AF1A engine but was the first one converted to the Bravo engine. It had it already when I bought the airplane. 

Then when I went through Flight Safety, which Mooney paid for, the instructor there also commented on how he had given instruction in quite a few TLS/Bravos but this one was the fastest. I had @Piloto (Jose Monroy) install the long range tanks in it in 1997. I flew it up in Canada, down in Mexico and a lot of states in between. After I moved on to another airplane @jgarrison (Jimmy Garrison) also loved N9153Z - that's why he kept it so long. If I remember correctly he put the next 300-400 hours on it. If there's ever one airplane I shouldn't have sold, it was N9153Z.

Whoever gets this airplane is gonna love it!

• Like 1

I’m at KPHL flying to SFO (commercial) and I showed the ladies at the counter both pictures - yours and this one. I asked which was the better picture and they both said “that one” with the cute guy standing next to the plane. As I enlarged mine to show them a closer view, both said “no! The other one!” Now I don’t like you any more. :-)

39C5B5E3-F35D-459D-9598-CB9D086AC401.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m at KPHL flying to SFO (commercial) and I showed the ladies at the counter both pictures - yours and this one. I asked which was the better picture and they both said “that one” with the cute guy standing next to the plane. As I enlarged mine to show them a closer view, both said “no! The other one!” Now I don’t like you any more. :-)
39C5B5E3-F35D-459D-9598-CB9D086AC401.thumb.jpeg.99c13e55881701ca424718289a417e38.jpeg

Weather is absolutely BEAUTIFUL here. Flew out this morning. Driving to Philly in the rain at night wasn’t a lot of fun.
00241f58ced6bd2ea6a5f3e362aa9b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

59 minutes ago, DVA said:

Haha that was 20 years ago . . lol

1 hour ago, MIm20c said:

I really like reading about PO’s and their experiences on any airframe. This one looks to have had deep pocket owners over the years meaning the maintenance was probably very good.  Good luck!

I have lint deep in my pockets - that's it.

While I owned N9153Z it had annuals at the factory in Kerrville and if I remember correctly one at Lone Star Aero in San Antonio.

• Like 1