Sheepskin opinions

MIm20c

I ordered a set.  I got Platinum.  I will PIREP, too.

I hope your order is easier to process. Mine was a custom order and there were delays. I spoke to Linda at Aerosheep today about the headrest covers. They weren’t shipped with the seat covers. My seats were changed a bit with memory foam and I had the headrests made bigger to accommodate my Mongo sized head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That much sheepskin may require a weight and balance update, yikes!  :lol:

Ron

Ironically I did check the weights to make sure I knew how much I was dealing with. With the headrest covers, they come in at 3.5 pounds per seat. 7 pound penalty is nothing compared to the comfort they provided. The day I installed them was warm enough to see the benefit of the heat insulation. Can’t wait to fly on one those 20 degree days to see the cold insulation benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

For what it is worth, I have one sheepskin seat cover which is a cream/tan color.  It fits well over the back of my Ovation pilot seat, however the seat bottom is about 2" deeper than needed.  I think I will order 2 seat covers which are custom made so I will not be using this one.  I most likely will have covers made that have the sheepskin only on the face of the seat back and seat bottom.  The sides will be regular leather to minimize the bulk between the seat and the side panels and in between the seats where the Johnson bar travels.  

The seat that I have could be readily sewn to accommodate the exact depth of your seat.  There is enough sheepskin there for tailoring.  I am thinking $150 takes it delivered to continental US.  I can be reached at (617) 877-0025 or e-mail at john.breda@gmail.com.  Pictures are attached.

John Breda

DSC01728.JPG

DSC01738.JPG

DSC01739.JPG

DSC01740.JPG

DSC01741.JPG

DSC01742.JPG

For what it is worth, I have one sheepskin seat cover which is a cream/tan color.  It fits well over the back of my Ovation pilot seat, however the seat bottom is about 2" deeper than needed.  I think I will order 2 seat covers which are custom made so I will not be using this one.  I most likely will have covers made that have the sheepskin only on the face of the seat back and seat bottom.  The sides will be regular leather to minimize the bulk between the seat and the side panels and in between the seats where the Johnson bar travels.  
The seat that I have could be readily sewn to accommodate the exact depth of your seat.  There is enough sheepskin there for tailoring.  I am thinking $150 takes it delivered to continental US.  I can be reached at (617) 877-0025 or e-mail at john.breda@gmail.com.  Pictures are attached.
John Breda

DSC01728.thumb.JPG.5cbea54026c342c48f482aeb2d5b09d7.JPG
DSC01738.thumb.JPG.66e4620323c5071d645f672e58d0c3bf.JPG
DSC01739.thumb.JPG.54288dbc665eff1c896102927963e3c3.JPG
DSC01740.thumb.JPG.d55d04d51bdc14714fe1d996cf00750f.JPG
DSC01741.thumb.JPG.ff703f9e31b2bb0a99498459ed1619ee.JPG
DSC01742.thumb.JPG.d856d25d0ab3df07954bb6fa63d92192.JPG

John - I agree about the sides being problematic for those with the J bar. I don’t know if the folks at AeroSheep were able to accommodate, but I think the suggestion you are making about the sides is one they should include for Mooneys equipped with manual gear.

The folks at AeroSheep were a pleasure to work with and my seats were 100% custom due to the larger headrest and the overstuffed memory foam seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone have a source for sheepskin pelts?

I'm thinking about making myself some customs with leather side trim and just a seat and back pad in sheepskin.

My old sheepskin covers got pretty ruined by grease / dirt from the door and wouldn't allow the copilot seat to slide properly back and forth

• 3 weeks later...

I love sheepskins and I think they are a terrific way to cover/hide old worn out interior with something nice and cozy for not a great deal of Money.  That's what I did for the first 9 years of owning this Mooney rocket before finally buying a new leather interior.

I love sheepskins and I think they are a terrific way to cover/hide old worn out interior with something nice and cozy for not a great deal of Money.  That's what I did for the first 9 years of owning this Mooney rocket before finally buying a new leather interior.

I bought a new leather interior after 28 years of cloth and learned quickly how hot leather gets in the mid Atlantic summers. Now I have sheepskin covers to cover a new leather interior.

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I bought a new leather interior after 28 years of cloth and learned quickly how hot leather gets in the mid Atlantic summers. Now I have sheepskin covers to cover a new leather interior. emoji2957.png

I'm in the far north.

But that said -' I have been to the mid Atlantic - obviously - and the perforate leather I have really helps.

Still sheepskin is super nice.

18 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I bought a new leather interior after 28 years of cloth and learned quickly how hot leather gets in the mid Atlantic summers. Now I have sheepskin covers to cover a new leather interior.

I have perforated leather in pretty good shape but chose the sheep skins for cool (and warmth).  Unsure I am going to use the seat-belt covers. or at least not until I get the disco ball in.

10 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

JD tells me I've got a set waiting in the hangar. They came in over the holidays but I haven't been out to the airport yet.

What color?  Post pics.  I need to call JD and schedule my Jan/Feb Annual.