Sheepskin opinions

MIm20c

When I bought my m20k 2.5 years ago, she came with Aerosheep seat covers.  They are very comfortable.  Decided to have them cleaned and while they were out I kept flying, holey carp I could not wait to get them back in.  I highly recommend them. 

Pritch

• Like 2

Any updates?  Fast shipping, good fit, comfortable?  Thinking about placing an order this weekend. 

I received a reply back from Aerosheep today. They told me they just upgraded their ordering and phone systems. To make up for the delay, they waived the custom fit fee and will expedite the order. Should have it sometime late next week.

Will do a PIREP when I get them installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I received a reply back from Aerosheep today. They told me they just upgraded their ordering and phone systems. To make up for the delay, they waived the custom fit fee and will expedite the order. Should have it sometime late next week.

Will do a PIREP when I get them installed.

Not baaaaaaad

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know, I am still waiting for my sheepskin covers. They appear to still be battling phone & system issues. I was able to obtain a tracking number and the covers are scheduled for delivery on Monday. My covers are a bit unique in that I had the seats reupholstered and had larger headrests made up for the front seats (to accommodate my large head). They sent me a template to take measurements to ensure a good fit. I will do a write-up once I get them installed. 

b5627b59c9b65aa70154a482d798800e.jpg

75a14cb443df725899a6c62497e5f86d.jpg

4 minutes ago, smccray said:

I have a set of sheepskin covers for a J sitting here next to my desk.  Would love to sell them- probably the sand cover advertised on the aerosheep website. Send me a PM if you're interested...

Pictures! I ordered the sand colored ones. Never saw anything other than the sample they sent me.

11 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Pictures! I ordered the sand colored ones. Never saw anything other than the sample they sent me.

Paper on the cover is there to perhaps better show the color.  I bought these used but they're essentially brand new.  The 205 has a different seat profile, but they look like they would fit an earlier J model seat.

IMG_6328.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smccray said:

Paper on the cover is there to perhaps better show the color.  I bought these used but they're essentially brand new.  The 205 has a different seat profile, but they look like they would fit an earlier J model seat.

IMG_6328.JPG

Purdy! I think these might be the tan ones. Then again it might be the lighting.

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Purdy! I think these might be the tan ones. Then again it might be the lighting.

Could be- tough to compare colors on a monitor.  I think that photo makes them look a little darker than they look to me in person, but I wouldn't call them Ivory.  I don't know the manufacturer as there isn't a label on them, but they're a quality product.  They're real sheepskin and they're lined on the back.  $550 for a set... I'd sell this set for half price.

Unrelated and don’t want to hijack the thread, but the plastic trim panels in that plane have some kind of trim edge on them against he window- anybody know what to use to get the same look on an older model?

If you are talking about my pictures, check with. Bruce Jaeger, google Spatial Designs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a black set that are brand new if someone needs a set. I came across a EBay auction and they showed two sets available. I offered to buy both sets as it was cheap enough. They did not know what model other than low back seats so I took a chance since they looked Mooney size. I already had a set and thought they looked just like what I had...Bought a tan and black set. I sold my original from Aerosheep. I had probably 4 years in them. Replaced the old Aerosheep ones with the new tan ones I got on EBay and they fit perfectly. I still have the black left over. If black will work for someone I'd let them go pretty cheap. I think they actually are Aerosheep or the other main company. If I get a PM I'll get them out of my closet and get more details. These are brand new and I think they have the headrest for pilot side.

ultimatefitne379@bellsouth.net

On a side note if the sale goes through on 41M this coming Thursday I'll have a Mooney Sidewinder Tug for sale also. 

-Tom

I have a black set that are brand new if someone needs a set. I came across a EBay auction and they showed two sets available. I offered to buy both sets as it was cheap enough. They did not know what model other than low back seats so I took a chance since they looked Mooney size. I already had a set and thought they looked just like what I had...Bought a tan and black set. I sold my original from Aerosheep. I had probably 4 years in them. Replaced the old Aerosheep ones with the new tan ones I got on EBay and they fit perfectly. I still have the black left over. If black will work for someone I'd let them go pretty cheap. I think they actually are Aerosheep or the other main company. If I get a PM I'll get them out of my closet and get more details. These are brand new and I think they have the headrest for pilot side.
On a side note if the sale goes through on 41M this coming Thursday I'll have a Mooney Sidewinder Tug for sale also. 
-Tom

Tom - let me know if the Sidewinder is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TWinter said:

-Tom

PM sent on the sheepskins

Well, I received the covers yesterday and installed them this afternoon. At first I thought the fit wasn’t right but after pulling the straps, it all snugged up fine.

They did forget to ship the headrest covers and I will call them in the morning to find out where they are.

The quality of skins is excellent. I have sat on other sheepskin covers but I will say these are extremely comfortable.

4c42f34e377a4e0565fe226dcf271541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4