Mooneymite M-18 web site shutting down.

Mooneymite

I just happened to visit Mooneymite.com and saw this:

After two decades of service to the M-18 Community, the Mooney Mite Site will be going offline on September 21, 2018.

Dave Rutherford maintained this site and provided a wonderful service to the Mooneymite community.  It will be missed by those of us who owned and loved a Mite.

:(

I think it's a great idea, if nothing else it will archive the data for years to come.

And I look forward to reading comments from modern Mooney owners telling Mite pilots that they've been flying their airplanes wrong all these years.  (Sorry that I couldn't stop myself from the snarky comment.)

Craig:  start a new fundraising campaign for this - maybe you’ll get new additional contributions, keep us up to date on the totals and when you hit your mark, let it be known.  In the meantime I’ll send Mooneyspace a check of $100 so you can buy the data.

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, carusoam said:

http://mooneymite.com/news.htm

See if we can send them an invite to join us...

I forwarded a link to this thread to Dave.  I'm not sure what he wants to do about it.  He's going to be busy for the next week, or so; I doubt anything will be done until he's back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Speaking of forever planes...

what is the average time of ownership for a MooneyMite, Measured in decades?

Strategy... Buy and Hold? :)

Best regards,

-a-

Hurry to the Mooneymite web site and look at the list of owners.  There is a listing of every Mite known to exist and it's owner of record.  Generally Mite owners are happy to talk (brag?) about their Mites.  Not that many Mites change hands each year.  I suspect that most Mites have been owned for years and years, kept pristine in hangars and only flown to church on Sundays.  B)

• Like 1

Let Craig have a chance to look at the data and he can then get a cost to import it to Mooneyspace. Once we know the cost we can open a donation campaign to make it happen if reasonable. It would be a shame to lose that data. Would a mite dethrone a J in terms of fuel efficiency? If so, I might pay the whole bill just to bring the Mite owners here to rag on the J owners :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hector said:

. Would a mite dethrone a J in terms of fuel efficiency? If so, I might pay the whole bill just to bring the Mite owners here to rag on the J owners :)

Depends on how you measure efficiency.  120 mph on 4 GPH is pretty efficient, but it's only one seat.

On a hour of fun per gallon, the Mite can't be beat.  It's the most fun airplane you've ever worn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Craig sent the great news today.... he raised the flag on the newest section of MooneySpace!

Unfortunately, The MooneyMite seems to be closing faster than expected...

So Let the MooneyMites know we have space at MooneySpace...

I expect there may be a few questions... as usual, I collect and share answers.... I don’t have the answers myself...

Let the welcoming begin...

Lets See if we can make this transition a comfortable experience.

PP thoughts only, not a webmaster...

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Newly signed up on this site due to my inability to find the original Mite site.

Seems it just recently closed down. Bummer in that I am trying to contact the owner of N4097. I used to own this airplane and wanted to see if the current owner would consider selling it. I’ve been unsuccessful getting a response. I’m not sure the information I have is valid. The FAA data base matches what the Mooney MIte site had some time ago soooooo......

What resources are available to attempt contact? I’d at least like to know the airplane is still flying/flyable.

Suggestions, recommendations????

Thanks,

B. B. Stanfield

C-177RG N612DM

Former owner:

C-150M N704LN

Champ N80847

C-172M N12443

J-3 N??

Beaver N??

What did I forget????

Oh yeah, Mite N4097

Edited by B. B. Stanfield

Welcome aboard, BB!

All Mooney pilots and or owners are welcome here.

We have a few Mite pilots here already.

When we heard the Mite site was shutting down, we were able to set up an area that is specific to Mite details.

Invite and or remind your Mite friends that this area is just the beginning of the next stage of Mooney Mite existence...

Best regards,

-a-