Cowl Flap issue

zubin

I'd be more suspicious that the mechanism was binding or too tight resulting in an overload on the motor. Particularly since you've had work done on the linkage. I have mechanical c flaps so I don't know how difficult it might be to take the motor out of the picture to evaluate whether the flaps move freely.  

• Like 1

I had this happen a couple of month ago on my M model.  Turned out that a hose clamp was installed down instead of up and had rolled over time to a position where it was hitting the linkage.  I rolled the clamp 180 degrees and it raised the natural position of the hose a half inch.  Problem solved.

I don’t feel like cluttering up the page with another thread, but since cowl flaps are mentioned here, does anyone know where I can get the quick coupler for the cowl flap. My spring flew off and I’ll never find it. I’ve looked in the Mooney parts manual and didn’t find an actual part # for one. Can anyone assist?